The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Michelle Williams & Matilda Ledger  (Read 1203117 times)

helen

Re: Michelle Williams
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2006, 08:44:44 PM »
Has ANYONE seen her in If These Walls Could Talk 2??  It is the only thing I have ever seen her in--I posted awhile back about it but no one has commented!  Since her thread has been getting some attention lately---I thought I would ask again! :)

I am curious about the Secret Garden she was in also?  What is a movie or after school special??
Oh yeah! She also came in ITWCT2. I can't believe I forgot! That was a GOOD movie.

About the SG, I think I confused her with another actress! LOL.

helen

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2006, 08:45:46 PM »
I remember first seeing her when I was a kid in the SECRET GARDEN.
What "Secret Garden" was that?  I love that book. 
Me too. Love the story but I think I got Michelle confused with an actress that looks like her. My bad.  :D

Offline Passion

• Cant have enough
  • Obsessed
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2006, 08:54:54 PM »
Helen---go back a couple pages and read what I wrote about her in ITWCT2!  I wonder what she told Heath about her experiences with lesbian love scenes and how they didn't hurt her career.  Although, I guess when Heath and she met he was already on board and didn't need support.  Her scenes were a lot more graphic than Heath and Jake's!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Offline Lola

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2006, 05:19:48 PM »
Some nice pics:

she looks quite different than she did in the movie!  ::)

FUNGURL

helen_uk

« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2006, 05:58:58 PM »
Oh my, I'm so glad I wandered in here...

cyoung

« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2006, 06:02:53 PM »
I think she's much more beautiful when she's more natural looking, without all the makeup and sex kitten stuff, like she was at the SAG awards.

Cara

helen_uk

« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2006, 06:06:36 PM »

Oh yeah! She also came in ITWCT2. I can't believe I forgot! That was a GOOD movie.

That was an excellent movie - had no idea she was in it.  I remember feeling quite devestated after watching the first third.  Much the same as BBM.

Offline Uclapeterg

• Obsessed
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2006, 06:07:09 PM »
I think she looks a little like LeAnn Rimes.  ::)

cyoung

« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2006, 06:09:46 PM »
I think she looks a little like LeAnn Rimes.  ::)

Oh yeah! With makeup, she really does. I knew she reminded me of someone, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Cara

Offline Passion

• Cant have enough
  • Obsessed
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2006, 06:57:46 PM »

That was an excellent movie - had no idea she was in it.  I remember feeling quite devastated after watching the first third.  Much the same as BBM.

I agree--it did have a similar affect on me as BBM had.  Sharon Stone and Ellen's part of the movie was more fun not as devastating as the other two stories.  Michelle was part of the second story.  She was the main character.  She was more of a hippy--so it did take me awhile to figure out it was her!  Glad someone else saw her in it! 

I think she also resembles Ashley Judd----at least when she has short hair in one of the pics above!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Offline HeathFanNFla

• Expert
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2006, 08:45:50 PM »
LOVE LOVE LOVE HER!!!

DAYUM !!!!! If I wasn't gay.......geeeeeeesus wow ! Now that is a knockout !

Boy can you imagine what those two's kids will look like ? Man alive !

Offline EnnisAndJack4ever

• Feet Wet
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2006, 02:40:34 PM »
Can someone please link to a list of interviews Michelle has given about Brokeback? On another message board I read, I keep hearing that Michelle is as pro-gay as Heath, and while I'm sure that's true, I haven't seen those quotes yet. I've only read one Michelle interview about Brokeback. Michelle's analysis of the movie and characters in general would be interesting.

Offline EnnisAndJack4ever

• Feet Wet
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2006, 06:09:04 AM »
Can someone please link to a list of interviews Michelle has given about Brokeback? On another message board I read, I keep hearing that Michelle is as pro-gay as Heath, and while I'm sure that's true, I haven't seen those quotes yet. I've only read one Michelle interview about Brokeback. Michelle's analysis of the movie and characters in general would be interesting.

Ok, I found the The Ultimate Brokeback Guide interviews page: http://www.davecullen.com/brokebackmountain/interviews.html But there's only 3 Michelle interviews listed and only one has any gay content:

"This is being called Hollywood’s first epic gay love story. Are you surprised there hasn’t been one sooner?
Things are slow to change. But it's meant to be at this time, if you look at the picture in a more spiritual sense.

Most of the nation still opposes gay marriage.
I know. That's weird.

Do you think a movie could change anyone’s minds on the subject?
Only if they're willing. How do you get those people in to see the movie in the first place? I understand that, too—stubbornness, conviction. I just disagree."

Someone on another board keeps claiming that Michelle would be the best one to win an Oscar as far as her likelihood and ability to deliver a pro-gay acceptance speech. I'll have to ask them exactly what they mean next time, where have they seen her expound on the issue more-so than the above quotes.

Offline evie

• Obsessed
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2006, 07:56:28 AM »
I had posted this in the Heath thread but it belongs here. When I read the following quote, I understood that Michelle Williams had a unique depth to her soul that Heath must find so appealing. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10493064/site/newsweek/ click for the entire interview

Jake Gyllenhaal says you're the best performance in the movie. How do you prepare for a scene like the one where your character discovers her husband is in love with another man

I prayed. I tried to be beyond open. What word means beyond open? I tried to be soft and penetrable. I tried to be like water. I remember treading really lightly before that scene—not to hurt the air too much.
Let 'er rip and snort boys

Offline graylockV

• Obsessed
  • Klaatu barada nikto
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2006, 11:02:48 AM »
Steve Pond's blog at the L.A. Times "The Envelope" website says the following regarding the coming week and Oscar campaigning:

"One battleground, clearly, will be TV talk shows. Felicity Huffman, Michelle Williams and Rachel Weisz are among the nominees appearing on various shows next week,..."

Does anyone know which program Michelle will be appearing on?
Beulah, peel me a grape.