The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Respond to The Daily Sheet  (Read 1118142 times)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
Re: Respond to The Daily Sheet
« Reply #5010 on: March 19, 2019, 10:47:20 AM »
--Ang Lee

The TDS article about Ang makes me wonder where his mind is at right now. I used to look forward to each film he made,
but lately his choices are just not interesting to me and the two most recent, his "Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk" and the
upcoming "Gemini Man," Lee seems more interested in the technology of the filmgoing experience, than the actual storytelling.
That Billy Lynn movie was not only a misfire, but a train wreck. And these are to be followed by yet ANOTHER boxing film, and
this one (yet again) about Muhammed Ali, "Thrilla in Manila." Sorry, Lee, I am just not interested. I don't care about the frame
rates and 3-D has been on the wane in terms of people's interest.
___

As for the laugh of the day: Why would you put lucky charms in your underwear?  :P

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #5011 on: March 26, 2019, 11:48:54 AM »

The article with David Harbour in the TDS reminds me that he's on a talk show tonight.
I don't know if I can recall ever seeing him on one. (?)

JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE, ABC
Tues. 3/26: David Harbour

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #5012 on: March 26, 2019, 06:09:10 PM »
I saw he's on Kimmel tonight, can't remember if I'm recording it or not!!??  :o

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #5013 on: March 30, 2019, 08:42:47 AM »
Our hosters are moving this site to a new data centre on Sunday 31st and there may be an outage of a couple of hours between 3am - 11am GMT and 4am -noon for Europe.

Our current DC provider is moving to a new location.

Equinix is one of the most prestigious global colocation providers.  We have had many requests by our loyal client base over the years to expand into foreign and domestic markets.  By adding Equinix’s services to our offerings we can now do more for our clients., As with any quality data center Equinix offers N+1 power with multi utility feeds & generators, N+1 on all cooling system, along with the highest quality onsite security in the business, and so much more.

No IP will be changed. GC servers will take between 2-4 hours to be moved.

Offline BlueAmber63

• Striped socks and dusty shoes
  • Obsessed
« Reply #5014 on: July 08, 2019, 08:28:59 PM »
                                 Re: Dismissing the Gay Teacher From
                                      Cathedral School.

It has always been my sincere thought...that there should be no religious schools.
They cause more problems than what they solve.
Could say sooo much more re: these institutions...(which they ARE) but I will
leave it at this.

Wanting him to come back... before anyone notices
part of the world has not moved...since he left.

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #5015 on: July 09, 2019, 12:46:28 AM »
What has happened to the link to the Daily Sheet on the top right of the page? The only link now  seems to be to Beyond Brokeback, and I keep missing the DS.

Offline brianr

• Obsessed
« Reply #5016 on: July 09, 2019, 01:14:01 PM »
Unfortunately although Israel Folau's GoFundme account was closed down, he was able to raise $2 million from other online sources.
"The former fullback also crowdfunded over $2 million to pay his legal fees, with the help of a $100,000 donation from the Australian Christian Lobby."
There is a big discussion about freedom of religion in Australia. Makes me glad I left the country and also this whole thing has been the final thing that has turned me from calling myself Christian and having been a teacher for over 20 years in Catholic schools where, although gay and protestant, I, was generally supported, I now only go to church for the music and do not believe a word of it anymore.
So I tend to agree with BlueAmber although I found discipline much better in religious schools and was not persecuted. I know churches do a lot of good charity work but I try to donate to charities which is do not have Christian in their name such as Medecins sans frontiers (Doctors without borders)
An interesting comment from Penny Wong who is a leader in the Australian Opposition party (leader in the Senate), has a same-sex partner and child and is one great lady.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-09/penny-wong-delivers-an-emotional-message-to-israel-folau-on-q&a/11290650

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #5017 on: July 09, 2019, 04:14:55 PM »
What has happened to the link to the Daily Sheet on the top right of the page? The only link now  seems to be to Beyond Brokeback, and I keep missing the DS.

Hello Sara,

It seems that the link appears on various windows,  not on all the windows all the time.

I believe you would just have to navigate the forum as you usually do, and each time a new page opens, check the upper corner where the link has been in the past.  It will be there on one window.

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #5018 on: July 09, 2019, 05:09:12 PM »
What I do is click on the HOME button until the link to TDS appears. It's just how the forum is set up.
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #5019 on: July 10, 2019, 12:10:04 AM »
Chuck and Linda, I know - that’s what I’ve always done. But now it’s never there. I’ve just tried 20 clicks!

This is on my iPad, as I have a computer problem atm. But doubt that makes any difference? Can other people see the link?

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #5020 on: July 14, 2019, 03:18:32 PM »
Hello Sara!

I have a solution for you.   TDS gets published either Monday night or Tuesday morning.  Every Tuesday, I'll come here and post a link to TDS, that way, you and others who are having this issue will be able to find it.

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #5021 on: July 15, 2019, 12:04:34 AM »
That would be good! Thanks, Chuck.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #5022 on: July 16, 2019, 03:18:53 PM »
For anyone having difficulty locating TDS, I will post a link to the most recent edition each Tuesday.

Here is the first link.

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #5023 on: July 16, 2019, 04:12:40 PM »
One Million Moms Are Boycotting ‘Toy Story 4’

Both of them?

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline CellarDweller115