The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Mourning Someone Who Has Died  (Read 695315 times)

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
Re: Mourning Someone Who Has Died
« Reply #420 on: January 10, 2007, 12:38:02 PM »
rob, another proof of the yin and the yang. one door closes while another door opens. the world is in balance.

love to you.  :-*
Minds are like parachutes... they both work better when opened.

Offline Rob in Puyallup

• Yogis Boo-Boo
  • Obsessed
  • Ten Year Forum Member. Do I get a pin?
« Reply #421 on: January 11, 2007, 01:36:27 AM »
Thanks for the kind words and support, gang... it's appreciated more than you can know.

Hugs and love to you all,

Rob
Old Brokeback got me good...

Offline Rob in Puyallup

• Yogis Boo-Boo
  • Obsessed
« Reply #422 on: January 11, 2007, 02:10:35 AM »
Nick and me at SeaTac Airport a couple hours ago, just before he walked through security...

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #423 on: January 11, 2007, 02:28:33 AM »
Thanks so much for this wonderful pic Rob.
And thank you for your moving post about your Dad and all that has happened this past year.
It is so wonderous that you can take your life as it is today and credit something as sad as your Dad's death to the happiness ypu have now.
I know it is a hard day but it is toward the future not too distant that you have to look now.
And I know your Dad is looking down and smiling for the happines of his son.
Hugs,
Linda
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline Rob in Puyallup

• Yogis Boo-Boo
  • Obsessed
« Reply #424 on: January 11, 2007, 02:38:24 AM »
Thanks, Lil Sis,

Much love your way, Linda, with hugs and a kiss or two,

Rob

Offline ChrisW

• Ma Untwist
  • Obsessed
« Reply #425 on: January 11, 2007, 03:42:10 AM »
Dear Rob and Nick
a big thank you to both of you for sharing this story, so brave - and yes, here in the UK, let's be very pleased that you can have the recognition your love deserves, I read yesterday it's even going to be illegal shortly in the UK to dscriminate against gays/lesbians, married or not, now that's progress, pity your dad didn't live to see you so happy Rob.
 (((((((Rob and Nick)))))

Offline annabel

• Obsessed
« Reply #426 on: January 11, 2007, 04:29:58 AM »
Rob, I'm not a cryer, but your story made my eyes dribble.  It was lovely.  Thank you.

Offline Rob in Puyallup

• Yogis Boo-Boo
  • Obsessed
« Reply #427 on: January 11, 2007, 02:00:04 PM »
Dear Rob and Nick
a big thank you to both of you for sharing this story, so brave - and yes, here in the UK, let's be very pleased that you can have the recognition your love deserves, I read yesterday it's even going to be illegal shortly in the UK to dscriminate against gays/lesbians, married or not, now that's progress, pity your dad didn't live to see you so happy Rob.
 (((((((Rob and Nick)))))

In many ways the UK is much more progressive than the US. Too much in the line of religious conservatism that prevents the real growth of our society here, I'm thinking. It's very sad...

Offline Rob in Puyallup

• Yogis Boo-Boo
  • Obsessed
« Reply #428 on: January 11, 2007, 02:00:38 PM »
Rob, I'm not a cryer, but your story made my eyes dribble.  It was lovely.  Thank you.
Thank you, Annabel...

Offline sugarcheryl

• Experienced
    • cometababy
« Reply #429 on: January 11, 2007, 06:01:09 PM »
Hi gang,

January 25th will be the first anniversary of my fathers death.

Someone has said that good comes from bad. Something like that... many of those posting here know that it was because of Dad's death that I met my Nicky here at the forum. He replied to a post I left concerning my fathers death on January 27, 2006. Almost a year ago.

Within a few hours Nick will be leaving my side after visiting for fifteen days. His leaving saddens both of us. We have no idea how long it will be before we are able to be back in each others arms. For those who don't know, Nick lives in England, northeast of London, and I live in Puyallup, Washington, about 30 miles south of Seattle.

My life has become so much better since Nick and I met, he'll tell you the same as well. It seems we were "made for each other", as is said, and one day we will prove that when we marry in England where ceremonies as that are legal, and allowed.

Thank you, Dad, for allowing your passing for Nick and me to meet. Though he and I are so many, many miles apart, and that we have immigration issues to deal with, our lives are so much richer than they were before we met, just two days after your death.

Your passing, Dad, has blessed my life in a way I never thought possible...

I love you... and I love you as well, Nicky, more than I can express. May we be back in each others arms again soon!

Kisses and hugs, lover,
Boo

I give my regards to you Rob on the loss of your father.

On a side note however....your story somehow totally reminds me of BB....not in the intense way....but of the parting way. I hope that the love that you and Nick share together will stand the distance that is between you. Take care.
You boys sure found a way to make the time pass up there. Twist, you guys wasn't gettin' paid to leave the dogs babysittin' the sheep while you stemmed the rose.

Offline Rob in Puyallup

• Yogis Boo-Boo
  • Obsessed
« Reply #430 on: January 11, 2007, 06:09:10 PM »

I give my regards to you Rob on the loss of your father.

On a side note however....your story somehow totally reminds me of BB....not in the intense way....but of the parting way. I hope that the love that you and Nick share together will stand the distance that is between you. Take care.

Thank you Cheryl, the distance can be very painful but with AIM, Skype and cell phone we are in contact for several hours each day. The hard part is that we are unable to look directly into each others eyes, and we can't touch...

Rob

Offline Nax

• The Captain Underpants Enigma
  • Tech Support
  • Obsessed
  • A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
    • naxfun.com
« Reply #431 on: January 12, 2007, 08:21:35 AM »
I've just come back from the second funeral of the week! The first was someone I have worked with for the last 16 years he was a year older than I, fit healthy, non smoker and developed cancer in his cheek/eyesocket last year he battled hard but lost.  The second was one of my colleagues in another rail IT group who I've worked with for 11 years who did suddenly in his sleep last week, again fit healthy, non smoker/drinker and was only 38.  Death is unfair, there are so many more people deserving of it! - sorry a bit bitter but I'm well weary.

Offline Boris

• The Iceman melteth
  • Obsessed
  • I was just thinkin' out loud.
« Reply #432 on: January 12, 2007, 08:35:54 AM »
I've just come back from the second funeral of the week! The first was someone I have worked with for the last 16 years he was a year older than I, fit healthy, non smoker and developed cancer in his cheek/eyesocket last year he battled hard but lost.  The second was one of my colleagues in another rail IT group who I've worked with for 11 years who did suddenly in his sleep last week, again fit healthy, non smoker/drinker and was only 38.  Death is unfair, there are so many more people deserving of it! - sorry a bit bitter but I'm well weary.

When my friend died in December someone said me that "life doesn't play fair". I assume he believed it to be a consolation. I have found it very hard to accept his death.  And I can recognize that weariness too. One of my closest associates for over ten years, a woman with whom I worked with a lot, who taught me almost everything I know, is losing her battle with cancer and losing fast. He turned 50 last year, wonderful, vivacious woman. She refuses to have vistors, only her partner is alllowed because she doen't want anyone to remember her like she is now.

And nothing of it makes any sense. At least now it doesn't.
"A theater is the most important sort of house in the world, because that's where people are shown what they could be if they wanted, and what they'd liked to be if they dared, and what they really are." -Tove Jansson-

Offline Nax

• The Captain Underpants Enigma
  • Tech Support
  • Obsessed
  • A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
    • naxfun.com
« Reply #433 on: January 12, 2007, 08:38:05 AM »
((((((((((((((((((((((((Jari)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Offline Boris

• The Iceman melteth
  • Obsessed
  • I was just thinkin' out loud.
« Reply #434 on: January 12, 2007, 08:43:35 AM »
((((((((((((((((((((((((Jari)))))))))))))))))))))))))

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Neil))))))))))))))))))))))))

Life is fragile and life is now.
"A theater is the most important sort of house in the world, because that's where people are shown what they could be if they wanted, and what they'd liked to be if they dared, and what they really are." -Tove Jansson-