The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Canadian, eh!  (Read 261766 times)

Offline atruant

• Obsessed
  • Brokeback is STILL affecting me......
Re: Canadian, eh!
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2006, 10:44:46 PM »
Only in Canada. Just watched ET Canada where they reported on Ashley McIsaac getting married to another man (obviously) without any issue. They talked about how they met, what rings they bought and it ended with them kissing. Makes me proud of this country of ours. :)

Dan

Yea, now if I could only get Gylly to move up here  ;)

Right, Gylly knows Alberta, time for him to get to know BC, eh Adrian??

On another note, if you play it right (and don't have any more cadavers to play with tongiht), you may hit 1000 posts of your own on the same page that the Eyelashes thread hits 1000 pages!

As we say in the fighter pilot world, PRESS!!

John 
John and Chuck -
Ennis and Jack got us together.

Offline Adrian

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Obsessed
    • Hollywood Forums Online
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2006, 10:54:55 PM »
Only in Canada. Just watched ET Canada where they reported on Ashley McIsaac getting married to another man (obviously) without any issue. They talked about how they met, what rings they bought and it ended with them kissing. Makes me proud of this country of ours. :)

Dan

On another note, if you play it right (and don't have any more cadavers to play with tongiht), you may hit 1000 posts of your own on the same page that the Eyelashes thread hits 1000 pages!

John 

haha, oh man, didn't even think about that, now, that's scary!  You seriously a fighter pilot man?  That's wicked!

Offline peteinportland

• Obsessed
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2006, 11:25:35 PM »
An Update from the Ulitmate Brokeback Forum Team at www.davecullen.com
[/u]
2,000 DVDs to Libraries Campaign--Kicking Off!
Help us put 2,000 DVDs in rural libraries around the world within the next month. To donate a DVD or money to this campaign, you can find out more information here:

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=3084.msg111919#msg111919

Also in conjunction with this campaign we will be holding House Parties for forum members across the world! To be a party host or for more information, you can find information here:

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=3084.msg127099#msg127099

Buy the Bumper Sticker!
We now have a set of three bumper stickers for sale for $9 plus S/H. This money will go to bolster our general fund which helps us pay for this very busy site! With a couple of easy clicks, you can get a fun memento of your BBM obsession and help us keep the site running!  For more information on what the bumpers stickers say and how to order your set today (and a set for favorite Academy member), please visit this link:

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=3472.0

The Ad Campaign
We will unveil the banner ads this week that will run on seven websites over the next month in conjunction with the DVD release. On Thursday, we will send out our next major press release announcing our second round of ads and our 2,000 DVDs to Libraries Campaign. To keep up with the ad campaign visit here:

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=2667.msg127590#msg127590

And More!
We have a great volunteer team working on the BBM book. Visit the Campaign and Projects thread for more information.

We have also started threads to say Thank You to fellow forum members who have done something for you and a thread to solicit your new ideas for what other projects and initiatives you want us to consider undertaking. Come visit us here:

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?board=45.0

Thanks for being part of our wonderful community here at the Ultimate Brokeback Forum at davecullen.com!

Offline Lola

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2006, 06:46:39 AM »

Dan

Sorry Dan, your post was not there when I did mine!  ;)

FUNGURL

Offline atruant

• Obsessed
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2006, 10:37:37 AM »

Dan

John 

haha, oh man, didn't even think about that, now, that's scary!  You seriously a fighter pilot man?  That's wicked!

Yes, I was a fighter pilot in our Air Force starting in the early 70s. The flying jobs were mixed with stints on the ground, my last flying being in the mid 90s when I was in my late 40s. That was it, fighter flying is a young guys' game!!

You could be a flight surgeon, Adrian! Trying not to sound like a recruiting poster, the military is way short of docs. All flying units are assigned flight surgeons, which means you get to fly too! PM me and I can put you in touch with a buddy of mine, an ex-fighter jock turned doctor on staff in Ottawa who could fill you in.

Cheers, John

PS Go for the 1000 and 1000!!
John and Chuck -

Offline Adrian

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Obsessed
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2006, 11:17:56 AM »
hey John, thanx man, but I'm thinking, Adrian might be better doing his doctor'in on the ground - haha - I'm more into the ground activities - skiing, hiking, running, and most nocturnal bedroom activities, although, I have been known to poke my head out during the day and create a little chaos in that respect as well ;)

Offline NWWaguy

• Thank you not just for me but for all those people struggling with love, which is all of us. Jake/MTVAwards
  • Obsessed
    • LopeLives
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2006, 01:43:06 PM »
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!  ::) 

Gives me the shivers thinkin' 'bout Adrian pokin' his head out ...  in daylight no less!!  :-*
'You can't swim across the river unless you let go of the bank' ... Avon Long (Sportin' Life in 'Porgy and Bess' and popular Cotton Club artist) 

Offline atruant

• Obsessed
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2006, 04:27:56 PM »
hey John, thanx man, but I'm thinking, Adrian might be better doing his doctor'in on the ground - haha - I'm more into the ground activities - skiing, hiking, running, and most nocturnal bedroom activities, although, I have been known to poke my head out during the day and create a little chaos in that respect as well ;)

OK, well I tried...Captain Dr. Adrian sorta had a nice ring to it.

You certainly do create chaos with those women over on Eyelashes. OK, I guess with all of us Gyllyholics too. Looking forward to your next issue!

John
John and Chuck -

Offline phrag3

• Expert
  • I remember.
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2006, 06:52:06 PM »

Sorry Dan, your post was not there when I did mine!  ;)

No problem. They say great minds think alike :)

I was glad you posted the link for those who didn't see it.

D

Offline Adrian

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Obsessed
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2006, 07:16:35 PM »

OK, well I tried...Captain Dr. Adrian sorta had a nice ring to it.

You certainly do create chaos with those women over on Eyelashes. OK, I guess with all of us Gyllyholics too. Looking forward to your next issue!

John

well hey, somebody's gotta do it  ;)

Offline Albertadude

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2006, 08:31:11 PM »
hello fellow Canucks,
I have finally given into the temptation!  I grew up in those very foothills and mountains of Alberta.  My pa was born in the town of Beiseker.  All to say that watching that movie was for me, like being in the movie.  It took me a couple of viewings before i could move beyond the images.  Don't know what else to say.  Anyone else familiar with the territory?
Thanks muchly,
Albertadude

Offline NWWaguy

• Thank you not just for me but for all those people struggling with love, which is all of us. Jake/MTVAwards
  • Obsessed
    • LopeLives
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2006, 08:42:43 PM »
Welcome, Albertadude!!

I'm a neo-Canuck (I live in Ferndale, WA-just below the border), but I love BC and I really love BBM.  I'm not that familiar with Alberta ... how was the town of Beiseker used?
'You can't swim across the river unless you let go of the bank' ... Avon Long (Sportin' Life in 'Porgy and Bess' and popular Cotton Club artist) 

Offline Albertadude

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2006, 08:45:23 PM »
Hey NWWaguy,
Ah the little lonesome town in the middle of nowhere... Beiseker Alberta!  I have also lived in BC - which i hope to return to within a year's time... it doesn't get much more beautiful than that.

Offline NWWaguy

• Obsessed
    • LopeLives
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2006, 09:04:48 PM »
Kewl!  Hey, we're tryin' to get something together to celebrate BBM ... in N Vancouver (hopefully at Adrian's if he'll have us) ... maybe early August to coincide with Vancouver Pride activities.  But, nothin's happening on this yet.  Couldya maybe be there for something like that?

Was that little town used in the film, or is it just the general idea of lonesome Alberta landscapes?

calgaryactor

« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2006, 11:09:25 PM »
Here's a good link to check out places in Alberta where the movie was filmed. 

http://www1.travelalberta.com/Stories/index.cfm?action=display&storyID=180#Detailed%20Movie%20Maps

The Calgary Herald also published a cover story on March 3, 2006 in its supplementary magazine Swerve, with a really good article on filming locations for BBM.

I had to pleasure of being in The Ranchman's bar where the Jack-Lureen scene was filmed, and meeting Jake Gyllenhaal.  So many of the film's locales are places I regularly inhabit, which made the film seem all the more personal.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 11:13:31 PM by calgaryactor »