The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: G'day!  (Read 266129 times)

Offline Wolf

• Experienced
Re: G'day!
« Reply #210 on: June 29, 2006, 07:42:00 PM »
Hi Madamshawshank & Wolf
Unfortunately I have my doubts  about being able to meet you on Wednesday. My sister called me yesterday to come down and stay overnight and I have had a very broken sleep looking after Mum. The doctor has come this morning and told us it is probably a matter of days not weeks before Mum goes. It is a very day to day thing so I will let you know.
Brian

Brian, our thoughts are with you and your dear mum.  Come back when you're ready, and look after yourself in the meantime.

Again, thinking of you, sending warm hugs and hoping these coming days pass peacefully.

W

Offline madameshawshank

• Expert
Darlin' Brian...
« Reply #211 on: June 30, 2006, 04:23:51 AM »
Brian Sweetness ~ from the windy city of Melbourne...this Friday night...I know the moon is a delicate crescent at the moment.  Do know that you and your sister and your mother are deep in my thoughts ~ my heart sends love and the gentlest hugs I can ever imagine.

a few days back I read a quote ..don't know who....that "the morning is awash with angels"....may said angels sit alongside you precious three..

there are other Wednesdays on the horizon...take care

with warmth
Joan
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 06:17:06 AM by madameshawshank »
“I've never accepted the external appearance of things as the whole truth… The world is much more elaborate than the nerves of our eye can tell us…” James Gleeson

Offline MellorSJ

• Expert
Re: Darlin' Brian...
« Reply #212 on: June 30, 2006, 04:10:25 PM »
Brian Sweetness ~ from the windy city of Melbourne...this Friday night...I know the moon is a

Brian,

I'm sorry to hear about your mum.  Enjoy your time with her while you can.

I'm presently in Sunny Tucson, my official home.  It's about 37C and we're getting ready for July 4th.

G'day to everyone.  Have a fine weekend!

-- stephen

Offline brianr

• Obsessed
« Reply #213 on: June 30, 2006, 05:38:28 PM »
Thanks very much for all the support from my new friends on this forum.
The priest was going to come next Tuesday and give Mum comunion but we rang him and he came yesterday morning. It was very emotional for me but Mum appreciated it. After a bad night on Thursday Mum slept right through last night - probably the morphine. We have arranged for a nurse to come and stay tonight so I will go home this afternoon and return tomorrow. It depends on which nights the nurse comes and  of course Mum's condition as to whether I will be available Wednesday. Naturally my sister does not like to be left alone. When Mum is asleep I do not want to see her go but when (as in the middle of my typing this) we have to move her and she is groaning and gasping for air then I want her suffering to be over. Having a mother for over 60 years is a blessing but can also be a dreadful wrench when she goes. I have been in daily contact with her since my father died 32 years ago.
Once again thanks for all your thoughts
Brian

Offline sue_k7751

• Getting Acquainted
  • I Swear, Brokeback got me good
« Reply #214 on: June 30, 2006, 08:44:50 PM »
Hello all you Aussies out there.....I just joined this board yesterday, after being on the Yahoo board since march, and it is so good to finally meet up with some Aussies...

There were none on the Yahoo board, but i have become friends with some wonderful people from america, who all have the 'fever'...Oh how good it is, to find this forum...I have been trying to read thru some of the old threads to get aquainted with some of you, but I havent got thru them all, so please forgive me if I am not up to date with what you are all doing.

Guess the first one who got my attention was BrianR....for a couple of reasons, one, that you live in the Blue Mountains, which is my old stamping ground...We were mountain people for 14years, firstly at Mt.Riverview and then at Warrimoo...we moved away in 1998 to Mudgee for 4 years, and now live in Queensland...a hell of a lot warmer.

The other reason I was drawn to you Brian, was your age, not only because it is only a few years older than me, but the closeness of it to what age the boys would be now...You see, my dad was homosexual (gay), back in the 50's and 60's....my story, briefly, is that he separated from my mother when i was seven, to live in a relationship with his male partner...My sister and myself, lived between the two homes, and we looked on dads partner as like a big brother because he was only 10 years older than me anyway, so is, like you in his 60's now.

Anyway, I wont get into the whole story of that now, I will tell you some other time, but I just wanted to get in touch with you, and any other aussies that are brokeback addicts like me...

I have envied how some of the yanks have been able to meet up in person, and i am planning a trip to the states next year so i can do that too, but now, that i have the opportunity to maybe one day meet up with some Aussies, I am really overwhelmed by the thought of it...I still visit the Blue Mountains at least twice a year to visit friends, so I hope the opportunity to maybe meet up will one day be a possiblility.

Also any other aussies on here that are in Queensland, I live in Maryborough, near Hervey Bay, so if theres anyone out there, give me a yell...please.....

I gather from these last posts, that Brian's mum is not well, so my thoughts go out to you on that Brian.....I can see the wonderful posts that people are sending you, from here, and im sure it must make things a little easier, knowing you have so many people thinking and praying for you and your mum.

It never ceases to amaze me, that a single movie, could make so many nice people gravitate towards one another, and not to only share their thoughts and emotions over the movie, but to share in other's day to day happiness and sadness, and troubles and joy....It is a wonderful community, no matter which message board we are on.

Hope to hear from some of you soon.....you never know, our paths may have crossed before.....
Just because it is different, doesnt mean it is wrong

lolita

« Reply #215 on: June 30, 2006, 10:44:51 PM »
Nice to meet you Sue...welcome to the forum, its an amazing place, thats for sure.  :)
I'm in Queensland, on the Gold Coast...

I know there are a lot of other BBM forums out there but this one is all I have time for, its so HUGE!

*waves hello*

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
    • My Adventures In Paradise
« Reply #216 on: July 01, 2006, 01:29:20 AM »
and rest assured, sue and all of you, any of you who make it to the states will have no shortage of hospitality.  we may attract a wanker or two, but by and large this is a sweet crew, nearly 5000 of us and still growing.

jack in the US
"through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall..."

Offline brianr

• Obsessed
« Reply #217 on: July 01, 2006, 02:13:11 AM »
Hello all you Aussies out there.....I just joined this board yesterday, after being on the Yahoo board since march, and it is so good to finally meet up with some Aussies...

Guess the first one who got my attention was BrianR....for a couple of reasons, one, that you live in the Blue Mountains, which is my old stamping ground...We were mountain people for 14years, firstly at Mt.Riverview and then at Warrimoo...we moved away in 1998 to Mudgee for 4 years, and now live in Queensland...a hell of a lot warmer.

The other reason I was drawn to you Brian, was your age, not only because it is only a few years older than me, but the closeness of it to what age the boys would be now...You see, my dad was homosexual (gay), back in the 50's and 60's....my story, briefly, is that he separated from my mother when i was seven, to live in a relationship with his male partner...My sister and myself, lived between the two homes, and we looked on dads partner as like a big brother because he was only 10 years older than me anyway, so is, like you in his 60's now.
Also any other aussies on here that are in Queensland, I live in Maryborough, near Hervey Bay, so if theres anyone out there, give me a yell...please.....

I gather from these last posts, that Brian's mum is not well, so my thoughts go out to you on that Brian.....I can see the wonderful posts that people are sending you, from here, and im sure it must make things a little easier, knowing you have so many people thinking and praying for you and your mum.
Hope to hear from some of you soon.....you never know, our paths may have crossed before.....
Welcome Sue and thanks for your thoughts. I moved to the Mountains in 1982 so our paths may have crossed. Yes I believe I am exactly the same age as our boys- one reason it has touched me so as well as the fact that I got engaged to a lovely girl in 1970 when the psychiatrists led me to believe I was "cured' .  Fortunately I realised the mistake before the wedding but in those days just breaking an engagement was traumatic enough.  I am glad you remained close to your father just like Alma Jr.
My cousins live in Qld and one is at Hervey Bay. I have plans of visiting them sometime.
As you can see my mind is in a bit of a turmoil at the moment. My sister rang a woman priest today who is not allowed to be a priest in Sydney >:( but was an assistant at Mum's last parish before she became too sick to attend regularly.  She was around within an hour or two and anointed Mum and prayed over her. Mum has always asked that she officiate at her funeral  service and her smile at the prayer was just so lovely.  Also we had a weekend community nurse come and he turned out to be Mum's regular of a few months ago (they change them around every few months) Mum was sitting up when he came as her bed had just been fitted with a special cover to prevent bed sores and he insisted on helping us put her back to bed because he said "She was most favourite patient and I want to do something for her"  So today has been another emotional time for me.

lolita

« Reply #218 on: July 01, 2006, 02:45:02 AM »
It sounds like you are going through one of the toughest times ever, Brian. I used to be a registered nurse before I got into Naturopathy.
I am so glad that your mother seems to be finding a bit of peace through prayer.
Are they using the eggshell foam mattress on the bed? Cutting a pair of sheepskin uggboots so they can be used as heel protectors are amazingly comfortable also.
Thinking of you.

Offline brianr

• Obsessed
« Reply #219 on: July 01, 2006, 04:36:04 AM »
It sounds like you are going through one of the toughest times ever, Brian. I used to be a registered nurse before I got into Naturopathy.
I am so glad that your mother seems to be finding a bit of peace through prayer.
Are they using the eggshell foam mattress on the bed? Cutting a pair of sheepskin uggboots so they can be used as heel protectors are amazingly comfortable also.
Thinking of you.
Thanks  Lolita. The mattress is electric and goes through a  wave every so often. It costs $60 per week and when they sent the electric hospital bed which is free for 3 months, the govt would not pay for this mattress. At the time, Mum was only in the bed at night so we sent it back which was a big mistake as just on  a week later she is in bed full time.  The Govt is paying for the nurse tonight but if necessary we will pay for the nurse a few nights per week. This is as much for my sister as for Mum. My sister is 72. Finding Government assistance is a big maze and we are learning with some wonderful help from nurses and carers.

Offline madameshawshank

• Expert
« Reply #220 on: July 01, 2006, 09:23:46 AM »
Sue Darlin'n welcome on board the good ship G'day...a fine and jolly bunch!

Brian...thoughts with you ...and the gentle hugs continue...

....some meeting news...keep in mind it's 1.17am...I've been on the go for the past 18 hours...oh my!

met Ministering Angel at Flinders St Station....I just KNEW it was her..we both broke into the widest smiles...hugs...I'd managed to find a bbm poster from a video store...plus the beloved cherry-bedecked muffin pans..

I thought we could play ladies and do French cakes etc at Laurnet...or tram to St Kilda where I thought there was a yummy Spanish restaurant....am having to retype...almost asleep at the keyboard... :o

we talked for ages...loads and loads of laughs...almost tears...hugs...

this forum is priceless....

here's to more and more of us meeting...

Sue, doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo let us know when you come down south..

'n campfire...next time for sure...I'll be Melbing in mid August...would love to meet up..

glass raised to Annie..'n all
“I've never accepted the external appearance of things as the whole truth… The world is much more elaborate than the nerves of our eye can tell us…” James Gleeson

Offline MellorSJ

• Expert
« Reply #221 on: July 01, 2006, 09:32:06 AM »
Go to bed, Mme!

A hot day here in Tucson, about 30C, I'd say, and it's only 0835!

Just wait till later..

Hope all is well back in the winter, and especially for you Brian.  Hang in there...

Oh well.... I'd better get back to doing my taxes (due last April 15th)

PS.  I managed to wash my phone when some bloke at a reception in Boston spilled wine all over me and I had to change.  Dunk my pants in water to get all the wine off.  Now where's the phone?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

So the 858 # is inoperable just now.  Try +1 612 203 1672

Offline campfire

• Experienced
  • What a beautiful smile / can you stay for a while?
« Reply #222 on: July 01, 2006, 05:34:51 PM »
Sue Darlin'n welcome on board the good ship G'day...a fine and jolly bunch!

Brian...thoughts with you ...and the gentle hugs continue...

....some meeting news...keep in mind it's 1.17am...I've been on the go for the past 18 hours...oh my!

met Ministering Angel at Flinders St Station....I just KNEW it was her..we both broke into the widest smiles...hugs...I'd managed to find a bbm poster from a video store...plus the beloved cherry-bedecked muffin pans..

I thought we could play ladies and do French cakes etc at Laurnet...or tram to St Kilda where I thought there was a yummy Spanish restaurant....am having to retype...almost asleep at the keyboard... :o

we talked for ages...loads and loads of laughs...almost tears...hugs...

this forum is priceless....

here's to more and more of us meeting...

Sue, doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo let us know when you come down south..

'n campfire...next time for sure...I'll be Melbing in mid August...would love to meet up..

glass raised to Annie..'n all

Hi Madameshawshank and M. Angel,

I am glad that you have had a great time together..  Dear Madame if you happen to find out a missed call on your mobile phone with the date 1/July and around 2:45 pm , it was me..  I have thought maybe  I can say Hi to both of you because it was after 2 pm , but I was not that lucky. But believe me I was thinking of both of  you and smiling , knowing that some more BBM fans have been  able to meet in person.

I work on St Kilda rd, in case you'll still l be in Melbourne next week or M. Angel if you would have time to be  in  the city , I will be there..
And August I will do my best to be meet you both , definitely.

Love and Hugs
He came into his life 
like wildfire during Indian summer;
Full of bright light
and uncontainable fierceness.
And even when Jack was gone,
Ennis still felt that warm presence
nuzzled in the depths of his heart..

Offline campfire

• Experienced
  • What a beautiful smile / can you stay for a while?
« Reply #223 on: July 01, 2006, 05:39:46 PM »
Thanks very much for all the support from my new friends on this forum.
The priest was going to come next Tuesday and give Mum comunion but we rang him and he came yesterday morning. It was very emotional for me but Mum appreciated it. After a bad night on Thursday Mum slept right through last night - probably the morphine. We have arranged for a nurse to come and stay tonight so I will go home this afternoon and return tomorrow. It depends on which nights the nurse comes and  of course Mum's condition as to whether I will be available Wednesday. Naturally my sister does not like to be left alone. When Mum is asleep I do not want to see her go but when (as in the middle of my typing this) we have to move her and she is groaning and gasping for air then I want her suffering to be over. Having a mother for over 60 years is a blessing but can also be a dreadful wrench when she goes. I have been in daily contact with her since my father died 32 years ago.
Once again thanks for all your thoughts
Brian

Dear Brian,

My thoughts are with you..

Hope all will be going smoothly for you and your family..

Love and Hugs

He came into his life 
like wildfire during Indian summer;
Full of bright light
and uncontainable fierceness.
And even when Jack was gone,
Ennis still felt that warm presence
nuzzled in the depths of his heart..

Offline sue_k7751

• Getting Acquainted
  • I Swear, Brokeback got me good
« Reply #224 on: July 01, 2006, 10:56:25 PM »
Thank you all for the welcomes to the board, I really appreciate it....and especially to you Brian, to take the time, because I can see you are very busy taking care of your Mum, and once again I wish you well, and I wish comfort and peace for your mum.

I will wait for some other more appropriate time to get into some discussions with you, I am sure we will find a fair bit in common to talk about.

Thank you to the others that gave me a welcome to, and to hear of the melbourne meet up, sounds like great fun.Its been a long time since i got down there to the windy city, but I did spend my first 3 months of marriage down there, as my hubby was in the navy and his ship was at Williamstown...but that was a long time ago.

I see another queeslander there too, great to meet you, we visit the gold coast a few times a year.

Glad to find out at least that I am not the only Aussie that Brokeback got good....I have been with the Yahoo board since march, and no other Aussies were on that, I was starting to feel like I was alone over here....knew one day, i would find you all though...

Hope to hear from you all again....I havent posted too much to any forums yet...I just joined Bettermost as well, and have been busy there, but you will soon see, I love posting and getting into the conversations that go on here....See you all later
Just because it is different, doesnt mean it is wrong