The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: G'day!  (Read 266082 times)

Offline Wolf

• Experienced
Re: G'day!
« Reply #360 on: September 03, 2006, 09:33:16 PM »
And Wolf - Angel-Pants?? :o Some of that Heath/Jake stuff is....well, let's say I'm  :o :o :o  ;)

sorry my dear, I have a long-term habit of name-abuse  :-[.  Just ask Joanikins  :P.

lordy me, is the Heath/Jake stuff saucier than the Ennis/Jack stuff?  I assumed it'll all be much of a muchness.  mind you, saucy is just fine by me, so long as I don't read it immediately prior to a pastoral care meeting or similar  ;D.

w

Offline Ministering angel

• Obsessed
  • ...that distant summer...
« Reply #361 on: September 03, 2006, 09:44:23 PM »
I guess it's saucier by dint of the fact that it's RPS, a genre I have a little difficulty with - but just a little. Damn, there goes my reputation - again.

Offline Luke-1

• Experienced
« Reply #362 on: September 03, 2006, 10:18:39 PM »
Hi All...
I'm a newbie to this forum - which I found only a week or so ago. It's exactly what I've been looking for since watching BBM for the first time. I've also just stumbled across the "G'day" thread thankfully - as I live in Perth, WA. I'll have a good "read" of this thread over the next few days and hopefully there are some other Brokaholics on this side of the Nullarbor, as I'd love to attend a get-together at some stage. Looking forward to participating on this forum with all you lovely people
Love, Luke

Offline brianr

• Obsessed
« Reply #363 on: September 04, 2006, 12:55:48 AM »
Welcome Luke to the G'day thread.
Have quickly read through your other posts and see how BBM has affected you so much and can tell you that you have so many friends on this forum, many of us having had similar past life experiences. Sorry you are on the other side of the country from most of us but we are talking about meeting up in the Alice someday :). Your comment about having had contact with Heath would make you so popular in the Heath thread.
Hope to hear more from you
Brian

Offline Luke-1

• Experienced
« Reply #364 on: September 04, 2006, 06:15:54 PM »
Thanks Brian

Even though I live in Perth, I regularly visit the eastern states as I have family in the Sydney and Newcastle areas. I'd definitely be interested in an "Alice" gathering. btw, the connections with Heath were secondhand... my son and my boss!. Hope to catch up some day.

...Luke

Offline Wolf

• Experienced
« Reply #365 on: September 05, 2006, 08:46:57 PM »
Welcome Luke!

Very nice to see a new name or two cropping up on the thread  :).  I don't know how to read a person's prior threads, but look forward to figuring it out and reading yours! 

When did you first see the movie?  Have you seen it umpteen times like so many of us, or have you stopped at one or two?  So many questions!

Angel, funny, I have a problem with the Ennis/Jack fanfic, but not the Heath/Jake.  I guess in my fevered imagninings, it's remotely possible that some of it (as in, Heath and Jake stuff) could/did occur.  Whereas Ennis/Jack is fiction on fiction, so to speak.  Further, I feel strongly about the sacredness of their story and feel uncomfortable even reading the book sometimes - which is patently ridiculous  :-[.

Dang, electricity bloke here to do some fiddling about - must log off.  back soon.

w

Offline Ministering angel

• Obsessed
  • ...that distant summer...
« Reply #366 on: September 05, 2006, 11:46:31 PM »
Wolf, you get into a poster's profile (click  on their name) and scroll to the bottom where there's a link to their past postings.
And yes, welcome, Luke. The more the merrier.

Offline Luke-1

• Experienced
« Reply #367 on: September 06, 2006, 02:47:34 AM »
And yes, welcome, Luke. The more the merrier.

Thanks Ministering Angel - seeing you on this "internationa"l area, are you located in Australia? I'm just wondering if there is anyone besides myself here in Perth, WA!

Luke

lolitaray

« Reply #368 on: September 06, 2006, 04:55:04 AM »
G'day to everyone and Hi! *waves to lurkers*

I just wanted to check in and tell everyone that I got back from my Meet the BBM Slash members from the States. I have been back a few weeks but was just so moved and overwhelmed that I have been lost for words... I went to LA, NY and SF...meet about 20 forum members total. It was the most incredible experience...these people are so warm and loving...just took me into their heart and home. We could talk BBM and slash for hours, they  shared  their laptops, apartments, chocolate port! We stayed up till 4am as a given, so much to say... :)
I felt such a strong and spiritual connection with each and everyone of these people...I know that I have made friends for life. :)

Offline Wolf

• Experienced
« Reply #369 on: September 06, 2006, 06:31:45 AM »
Thanks Angel, did what you suggested and read up on 'our' Luke  :)

Luke, was great to read your story.  Was moved to tears in parts, and feel a bit sorry you didn't find us sooner.  It must have been difficult carrying this 'thing' (as Ennis would say) all those months with no outlet.   Hope you decide to stick around!

Welcome home, Lolita  :D.  Sounds like it was a powerful and life changing trip for you, you lucky gal!  We're all deeply envious of your attendance at the get-togethers, so give us some vicarious satisfaction with some anecdotes in the coming weeks  :P.

Have just realised it's 10.30 pm  :o.  WELL past my bed-time.  Kids have vile coughs at the moment so it's been a week of as good as nil sleep for the mater and the pater.  Was going to have a quick taste of Ennis and Jack via the good offices of youtube, but those things take SO long to load, I'll have to raincheck the boys - phooey!

night all

Offline Luke-1

• Experienced
« Reply #370 on: September 06, 2006, 08:48:34 PM »

Luke, was great to read your story.  Was moved to tears in parts, and feel a bit sorry you didn't find us sooner.  It must have been difficult carrying this 'thing' (as Ennis would say) all those months with no outlet.   Hope you decide to stick around!

Thanks Wolf. I'm sure that when we read "stories" by anyone that's found this place we'll be moved to tears - depending on how much that person permits themselves to "tell". This forum itself is a beautiful spin-off from a beautiful movie - so glad I've found you all.
Hope yr kids coughs get better soon
...Luke

Offline Luke-1

• Experienced
« Reply #371 on: September 06, 2006, 09:06:44 PM »
G'day to everyone and Hi! *waves to lurkers*

I just wanted to check in and tell everyone that I got back from my Meet the BBM Slash members from the States. I have been back a few weeks but was just so moved and overwhelmed that I have been lost for words... I went to LA, NY and SF...meet about 20 forum members total. It was the most incredible experience...these people are so warm and loving...just took me into their heart and home. We could talk BBM and slash for hours, they  shared  their laptops, apartments, chocolate port! We stayed up till 4am as a given, so much to say... :)
I felt such a strong and spiritual connection with each and everyone of these people...I know that I have made friends for life. :)

Hi Lolita, You're a lucky girl - I'd love to do the "States" trip and meet those lovely Yanks too! As I read yr short message I could almost "feel" that sense of being overwhelmed - half yr luck!!
That "strong and spiritual connection ...." you felt in the US is how I felt when I connected to this forum and got my first few replies. This is quite a unique phenomenon going on here. It feels very "real" and somehow replaces that sense of community that's almost disappeared.

I've been thinking of a place for an Australian-BBM get-together since I discovered the G'day thread. I used to go horseriding in the Megalong Valley (off the Great Western Hwy from Blackheath in the Blue Mountains). It's a magnificant ride. Even if yr not into horses - as is the case with lots of people who go there. They have very Brokeback-type (rough and ready) accommodation with fireplaces and campsites. We used to stay overnight then saddle-up early for a 3 to 4 hour ride thru rugged terrain, as you can imagine in the mountains - to a campsite by the Cox's River where we'd have a BBQ, a rest and then the ride back to base by a slightly easier route. Think about it - and any other people reading this post. The name of the outfit was called "PackSaddlers" (hope they're still around) - I'll check it out before my next post and if anyone's interested I'll try to include photos of us riding there. Even if it doesn't happen with people from this forum, I'm thinking of experiencing it again with one of my kids next time I'm in the area.
...Luke

lolitaray

« Reply #372 on: September 07, 2006, 06:10:01 AM »
I guess it's saucier by dint of the fact that it's RPS, a genre I have a little difficulty with - but just a little. Damn, there goes my reputation - again.

*hugs Angel, confesses to sharing sharing same feelings...just a little... ;)*

lolitaray

« Reply #373 on: September 07, 2006, 06:13:19 AM »
Thanks guys...strange as it may seem, it feels like I have been going through a kind of almost grieving process since coming back...I just never expected to find such wonderful people and to have such a connection...I mean, these are people that I have spoken to nearly every day for the last 6 months...but somehow, I didnt know that it would be SO intense or so hard to leave them.

I hope that I can attend one in Australia... :) Its funny....I never had even heard of Slash until this forum....never even joined a forum! *shakes head in disbelief*

Offline Luke-1

• Experienced
« Reply #374 on: September 07, 2006, 02:25:41 PM »
Its funny....I never had even heard of Slash until this forum....never even joined a forum! *shakes head in disbelief*

Pardon my ignorance - but what is "slash"

Luke