The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here  (Read 501994 times)

Offline ChrisW

• Ma Untwist
  • Obsessed
Re: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2006, 01:40:34 AM »
montezumae

I loved your poem it took me back not just to Crete but to another place too! I hope you publish it.  As for understanding those close to us - just love them, with love comes understanding.

NAX

Thanks Nax. 'Friend, that is the most poetry I've written in 15 years'. When I wrote that I had reached the 'Jack, I swear..' stage, though I was never asked to swear anything and am myself not really the poetic kind. But I will have a look in my old notebooks. The person involved is alive and well and we keep in touch. I thought it might help people to know that it is quite possible to see what happened all those years ago, recognise it, and be happy. Much more than '..got to stand it'. What a life-affirming film! Every day since I saw it, several months now, I have been feeling how lucky I am to be alive and well, and as you so rightly say, just loving people, and increasing my understanding.

Offline ChrisW

• Ma Untwist
  • Obsessed
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2006, 01:44:36 AM »
Thank you for highlighting my peom in the Daily Sheet, I never expected that. I read yesterday's posting of Annie's interview, and particularly how long it took her to write the story. I remember how long it took me to write those few short words! The story reads, to me, as if Annie had patiently uncoved something that was there all along. I think it is sculpture that is usually described in those sort of words, Rodin's 'The kiss' for example, just waiting to be revealed by the patient hewing away of stone.

I posted a picture in the Sandbox about NS. Could some kind person move that to the symbolism thread? I don't know how to move stuff around to the right places. And if anyone could point me to any discussion between the mothers of gay men of about Jake and Heaths'a ages (another reason this film got me good), I'd be interested to join that discussion.

Thanks to all the kind people who commented on my poem. When I get time I will follow that one up. Thanks again. M.

Offline john john

• Obsessed
  • Ennis, admit it,you're falling in love.
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2006, 06:54:24 AM »
I posted a picture in the Sandbox about NS. Could some kind person move that to the symbolism thread? I don't know how to move stuff around to the right places. And if anyone could point me to any discussion between the mothers of gay men of about Jake and Heaths'a ages (another reason this film got me good), I'd be interested to join that discussion.

Thanks to all the kind people who commented on my poem. When I get time I will follow that one up. Thanks again. M.
I don't know how to rederect a post what I'd do is re-post it in the proper thread.
The "Parents with Gay Children is in the "Support Group and Connections" section.
You can consult the Site Map to find everything you're looking for. It's in the news box.
I printed it, it's very practicle :)

Having to hide your love is denying it.

Offline ChrisW

• Ma Untwist
  • Obsessed
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2006, 02:18:45 AM »
The only time in my life I got poetic.

I think you should "get poetic" again!
Very nice.

I've read a few amazing pieces of poetry on various forums here.
I see another forum book in the future:
"Brokeback Poetry"

...and someone also suggested a cookbook from the recipes thread:
"No More Beans".

If you have more work you'd like to post, or just want to read the work of other members, we have a place to post poetry, called "Deep Thougths and Poems".

Here is a link to the thread:

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=3482.0

Thank you, kind people. I am going to try posting another one there. I an finding this difficult but seem to be driven to do it.

Offline phare-bzh

• Obsessed
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2006, 06:45:40 AM »
hallo to everybody, i'm Alex from Italy, i've seen the film last february and get intoxicated by the magic of the story. I've often visited the fiction sites for the pleasure of reading the works, and now i'm tying to come up with my own work, only problem is the lenguage. i hope i can finish . for now thanks to everybody here for the commitment dedicated to this forum. regardss
what seas what shores what grey rocks what island
what water lapping the bow
what images return
che mari che spiagge che roccie grigie che isole
che acqua a lambire la prua
che immagini ritornano
TS Eliot - Marina

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2006, 07:11:58 AM »
hallo to everybody, i'm Alex from Italy, i've seen the film last february and get intoxicated by the magic of the story. I've often visited the fiction sites for the pleasure of reading the works, and now i'm tying to come up with my own work, only problem is the lenguage. i hope i can finish . for now thanks to everybody here for the commitment dedicated to this forum. regardss

Welcome Alex!  It's good to have you here!

Offline Boris

• The Iceman melteth
  • Obsessed
  • I was just thinkin' out loud.
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2006, 07:26:15 AM »

Alex. welcome.

You can also visit the slash thread http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=98.19785 where there are people dedicated to fan fiction. From them you will get feedback and support.
"A theater is the most important sort of house in the world, because that's where people are shown what they could be if they wanted, and what they'd liked to be if they dared, and what they really are." -Tove Jansson-

B73

« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2006, 01:13:03 PM »
I started posting here a few days ago before I noticed this thread.

I saw BBM for the first time on DVD last week and have been haunted by it ever since.  The third day after I got the DVD I'd seen it three times but none of my PHOBE-ASS people would watch it with me, no way.  So I did a search on the Internet for a BBM discussion group, and I hit pay dirt.  To know I'm not alone in perceiving this movie as an epiphany, a life-changing experience, like a religious conversion.  I feel as though I've seen the face of God, and God is much more beautiful than I had ever imagined.  (Sorry for the hyperbole, but hyperbole is about the only way I can describe how I feel about BBM at this point)

Thanks to all of you for this forum.  It is a life-saver and brings me much happiness. 

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2006, 01:49:19 PM »
B73!   Welcome to the forum!!!

You are amongst many BBM fans here.

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2006, 01:50:39 PM »
For any new members who may want this information....here is a link to the site map.

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=8878.msg236697#msg236697

It can show you exactly what the site has to offer!

Offline DKG

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2006, 09:18:04 AM »
I started posting here a few days ago before I noticed this thread.

I saw BBM for the first time on DVD last week and have been haunted by it ever since.  The third day after I got the DVD I'd seen it three times but none of my PHOBE-ASS people would watch it with me, no way.  So I did a search on the Internet for a BBM discussion group, and I hit pay dirt.  To know I'm not alone in perceiving this movie as an epiphany, a life-changing experience, like a religious conversion.  I feel as though I've seen the face of God, and God is much more beautiful than I had ever imagined.  (Sorry for the hyperbole, but hyperbole is about the only way I can describe how I feel about BBM at this point)

Thanks to all of you for this forum.  It is a life-saver and brings me much happiness. 

Welcome to the Brokeback family, B73.  I am a newcomer myself and have been made to feel very welcomed and comfortable.  I first saw "the epiphany" in mid-January; it is still haunting me to this day.  You are going to love it here, interacting with all these wonderful people who have the fever, too; sharing your thoughts, feelings, ideas with them; responding to theirs.  And you will be delighted in the variety and scope of the vast number of threads.  Simply an amazing group of people.

B73

« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2006, 10:19:15 AM »

Welcome to the Brokeback family, B73.  I am a newcomer myself and have been made to feel very welcomed and comfortable.  I first saw "the epiphany" in mid-January; it is still haunting me to this day.  You are going to love it here, interacting with all these wonderful people who have the fever, too; sharing your thoughts, feelings, ideas with them; responding to theirs.  And you will be delighted in the variety and scope of the vast number of threads.  Simply an amazing group of people.

Thanks, DKG!  And thanks to you, CellarDweller115, and everyone else who has made me feel welcome.  An amazing group of people indeed!

Bobbie

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2006, 08:46:31 AM »
IN SEARCH OF...

DC, VA, MD, WV locals....where are you?  There are many forum members who live near our Nation's Capitol and some of us gathered this past Winter to view BBM.  We'd like to continue the fellowship by getting together for brunch or dinner or drinks or whatever over the Summer.

Please check out our local area thread here: http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=9035.15 or PM me.

The more the merrier!  And of course, ALL are welcomed to join us!!

Offline jimspain

• Experienced
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2006, 10:14:13 AM »
God Almighty!!!

Listen to you all!!! You're all beautiful and wise and raging with empathy and humanity!!! If you all got together and stormtrooped your various Govt buildings, this world would be such a fabulous place!!!!

God! I can't believe how raw and cheesy this film is making me!!! Why is this happening to me!!!!

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
    • My Adventures In Paradise
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2006, 10:26:45 AM »
not quite sure jim, but by and large we all got here in some state of confusion, and usually raw.  it gets better... eventually,

jack
"through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall..."