The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here  (Read 501409 times)

Offline Melisande

• Chief Moderator
  • Obsessed
    • LiveJournal
Re: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here
« Reply #180 on: July 18, 2006, 10:55:48 PM »
The slash discussion thread is here

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=10935.msg359707#msg359707

There's also a bar, a slash poetry thread, and a casting couch. It's a very lively little area.  :D
let be, let be

Offline kymz86

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #181 on: July 21, 2006, 08:18:58 AM »
Hey all! Im Kymberly and im from UK. I have been lurking for the past few months or so and now ive decided to out from lurksville and actually introduce myself!

Offline aliceathome

• Two of Three
  • Obsessed
  • Grumpy Old Baggage
« Reply #182 on: July 21, 2006, 08:29:57 AM »
Welcome Kym!  You'll enjoy yourself here!  Come over to the Little Brits thread sometime.

"Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon"    Annie Proulx

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
  • Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart
« Reply #183 on: July 21, 2006, 08:48:46 AM »
Hey all! Im Kymberly and im from UK. I have been lurking for the past few months or so and now ive decided to out from lurksville and actually introduce myself!

Hi Kym,

Welcome to our family hon and so glad you decided to join us. Let's not be shy now  ::) ;D 8)

Nellie
RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !

Offline kymz86

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #184 on: July 21, 2006, 08:50:37 AM »
Welcome Kym!  You'll enjoy yourself here! Come over to the Little Brits thread sometime.

Hey thanx Alice!! I shall come and visit sometime {if i can find the thread} lol

Offline kymz86

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #185 on: July 21, 2006, 08:52:41 AM »

Hi Kym,

Welcome to our family hon and so glad you decided to join us. Let's not be shy now ::) ;D 8)

Nellie

Hey Nellie, Thanx for welcome im happy to have joined here too - I shall post more now i think coz i have introduced myself!

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #186 on: July 21, 2006, 08:56:01 AM »
Welcome, Kym! Make yourself at home here! If you would like to chat with other people from Britain, you can find the Brits thread at this location:

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=8629.msg21695#msg21695

(This is the first page of the thread, you might want to go to the last page, which is the present, and work your way backwards a bit)

Enjoy and have fun!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline kymz86

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #187 on: July 21, 2006, 08:57:49 AM »
Welcome, Kym! Make yourself at home here! If you would like to chat with other people from Britain, you can find the Brits thread at this location:

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=8629.msg21695#msg21695

(This is the first page of the thread, you might want to go to the last page, which is the present, and work your way backwards a bit)

Enjoy and have fun!

Thanx 4 welcome!!

Offline Amber

• Virgin
« Reply #188 on: July 21, 2006, 10:52:14 AM »
Hello everyone -

I've visited this site a few times but finally decided to join today.  I am a member of other BBM forums, but I can't get enough of this movie, or enough of sharing, learning and growing.  I first viewed BBM in June.  I missed it entirely in the theater which I'm very disappointed about, but I've seen it MANY times on DVD.  Like many others I can't pinpoint exactly what it is about this movie that creates such an emotional hold on me, it's a combination of so many things.

I had the privilege of visiting Alberta and visiting some of the filming sites for this movie and that only increased the emotional hold the movie has on me.  It was an incredible experience.  Knowing that I was standing where Jack and Ennis stood was incredible, but more than that - the scenery, the spirituality, the serenity of the area was something I'll never be able to put into words.  It moved me more than I could have ever expected.

As for myself - I'm married to my wonderful husband Dave.  I live in Spokane, Washington and am the proud "mother" of two cats - Peyton and Petunia.  I'm looking forward to delving into many threads here and checking out what everyone has to say.

Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

Offline BayCityJohn

• Forum Hero
  • Tech Support
  • Obsessed
« Reply #189 on: July 21, 2006, 10:55:57 AM »
Welcome Amber!

Offline kymz86

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #190 on: July 21, 2006, 01:26:51 PM »
hey Welcome Amber!! I just started posting today too!

Offline bigdave

• Virgin
« Reply #191 on: July 22, 2006, 11:18:14 AM »
Hi I'm Alison from the UK and I have just joined your forum.  Cannot begin to say how much I love BBM.  My story goes like this (hope it's not too boring!!)  My mum wanted a copy on DVD for her B'day.  Having never seen it before I decided to watch it before giving it to her (bad I know!).  Well I 'm so glad I did as it is just about the best film I have ever seen.  I am keeping the DVD and buying mum a new one.  Have watched it twice now and I have cried my eyes out each time.  The scene that particularly gets me is when Jack has a flashback to the mountain where he is standing by the fire and Ennis comes up behind him, holds him and hums.  In the short story this is Jack's warmest memory from the mountain.  I think this is also because Jack is killed shortly after this.  I also love the reunion scene.  There is such passion between the two of them it is unbelievable.  There is also a scene in the tent after they have had sex where Ennis is sitting beside the fire and he suddenly goes into the tent and he and Jack are kissing and holding each other.  I just cannot seem to get enough!  It is such a beautiful love story.  It also makes me feel sad to think about the fact the Ennis could have had such a great life with Jask if he had just been brave enough.  Anyone that says it is a gay cowboy movie is wrong.  It is a very moving love story.  Hope I haven't gone on too much.  Looking forward to posting regularly. 

Gonzo

« Reply #192 on: July 22, 2006, 11:58:06 AM »
Hi I'm Alison from the UK and I have just joined your forum.  Cannot begin to say how much I love BBM.  My story goes like this (hope it's not too boring!!)  My mum wanted a copy on DVD for her B'day.  Having never seen it before I decided to watch it before giving it to her (bad I know!).  Well I 'm so glad I did as it is just about the best film I have ever seen.  I am keeping the DVD and buying mum a new one.  Have watched it twice now and I have cried my eyes out each time.  The scene that particularly gets me is when Jack has a flashback to the mountain where he is standing by the fire and Ennis comes up behind him, holds him and hums.  In the short story this is Jack's warmest memory from the mountain.  I think this is also because Jack is killed shortly after this.  I also love the reunion scene.  There is such passion between the two of them it is unbelievable.  There is also a scene in the tent after they have had sex where Ennis is sitting beside the fire and he suddenly goes into the tent and he and Jack are kissing and holding each other.  I just cannot seem to get enough!  It is such a beautiful love story.  It also makes me feel sad to think about the fact the Ennis could have had such a great life with Jask if he had just been brave enough.  Anyone that says it is a gay cowboy movie is wrong.  It is a very moving love story.  Hope I haven't gone on too much.  Looking forward to posting regularly. 

There is no such thing as going on "too much".  We all love the movie and story and music and actors and writers and director.  Welcome to the best BBM forum in the universe!!  The flashback scene is usually referred to as the Dozy Embrace and is many people's favorite here in BBMland.  The scene by the campfire just before Ennis goes into the tent is called SNIT (Second Night In Tent) and is probably my personal favorite.  There're plenty of places here to talk about every aspect of this experience.  Many of us have been here for some time and all of us understand how you feel.  Don't feel embarassed or timid.  Explore and post your comments wherever you feel like doing so.  Ask anything you want.  But most of all, feel welcomed because you are.   :) 

Offline aliceathome

• Two of Three
  • Obsessed
  • Grumpy Old Baggage
« Reply #193 on: July 22, 2006, 03:01:06 PM »
Hey Alison - welcome. Plenty of us newbies here (I only saw it myself a month ago). You've found the best place to be - enjoy!

"Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon"    Annie Proulx

melissasjack

« Reply #194 on: July 22, 2006, 05:28:33 PM »
Amber and Alison,
Many welcomes, and I'm so glad you found this place.
For me, it's been a huge part of my healing process, and I've made some wonderful friends.
It is very safe here to pour out your heart...you pour, and these wonderful people will respond, cuz we've all been there.
This is like BBM disneyland! There's no happier place on Earth. ;)
I'm sending you both a hug.
Melissa