The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here  (Read 500969 times)

Offline Lance

• Administrator
  • Obsessed
Re: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here
« Reply #255 on: August 18, 2006, 01:03:00 PM »
Sorry, but your presence here creates a legal problem for the owner of the site. Since the site contains links to adult material, the owner could be held legally responsible for breaking the American laws relating to minors. You should do the responsible adult thing and not put him in danger by rejoining the forums. Your new membership has been banned and all future memberships by name or email or net domain will likewise be banned. Sorry about that, but those are the laws we must operate under.
May the bridges I burn light the way forward.

Offline bass51

• Obsessed
« Reply #256 on: August 22, 2006, 04:55:04 PM »
*  Well, look what the wind blew in...  *

A warm and heartfelt "hello" to you all!
I can't stand it any longer so I had to fix it. Here's another statistic coming out of 'lurk' mode to join ya'll, if I may. (I'll bet there are thousands more). I've spent months trying to catch up but I still have 854,523,366 posts to go so I says, feck it, join up and jump in at the deep end of the pool.

First off, thank you Founder for this experience, and thanks to all the mods and participants who keep this forum vibrant, you know who you are. And Auntie, you are another whole story unto yourself...
Reading all the stories on the official BBM site found me craving more. Googling brought me here since May. I thought BBM was my life story plastered on the big screen then I stared at this monitor for hours untold reading your stories. I will share mine on the appropriate thread.

Second, thanks for the opprotunity to finally share with like-minded people what I've felt my whole life, this thing, but never found a place to be comfortable in RL. What makes this so special, really, in a word, is honesty. Honesty allows the love to flow without boundaries set upon us by others and ourselves.

OK let's see, (knees shaking slightly, cracking a little perspiration)...Never have I joined another forum like this. I'll be honest and say I've had some trepidation for quite some time in doing this but now it's time to materialize in cyber-world (!)and since I feel close to a lot of you and you guys don't even know I exist. Well, now I do.

Lastly a quick comment regarding my noticing the metamorphosis in many of you these past months, especially those who attended the BBQ. You all deserve congratulations.

Alright, enough for Post No.1, see ya' around?

Lenny
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 01:17:40 AM by bass51 »
Honesty is such a lonely word...

Offline bass51

• Obsessed
« Reply #257 on: August 22, 2006, 05:00:05 PM »
Oh, and how do you make the avatar not make one look like a pinhead?

< Nick, oh, photomaster help!>

Lenny
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 01:18:00 AM by bass51 »

Offline bass51

• Obsessed
« Reply #258 on: August 22, 2006, 06:07:54 PM »
Thanks, BayCityJohn for the fix!

Lenny
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 01:18:11 AM by bass51 »

Offline BayCityJohn

• Forum Hero
  • Tech Support
  • Obsessed
« Reply #259 on: August 22, 2006, 06:08:35 PM »
Anytime Lenny.

Looks good!

And Welcome!!

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
    • My Adventures In Paradise
« Reply #260 on: August 22, 2006, 06:28:35 PM »
*  Well, look what the wind blew in...  *

And lookey here, it says he's a virgin!
Lenny D.
lenny...

welcome, really and truly.  its been a bit since a new guy jumped in so heartily in the "deep end" and we love having you.  i know an awful lot how you feel, and i am neither new here nor particularly shy.  there is something about this event, even back on the old blog comment thread that demanded a raw honesty.  justthe reverse ow what you would expect with all this anonymity.  the covers are off the masks come down, and we are free to be real.  most take a long time to take the risk of showing there face, but you appear to have caught the spirit of the BBQ and really join in. 

we thank you for your trust, and hope it proves well founded.

jack
"through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall..."

Offline bass51

• Obsessed
« Reply #261 on: August 22, 2006, 07:08:04 PM »
Thanks, Jack, for your greeting.

Man, I must say, you are one who I've noticed making some of the most stunning changes. You look GREAT sans beard and close-cropped hair! The BBQ pics and videos are SO moving. I grinned and cried with ya'll all weekend. I wanted to go so bad, but figured it inappropriate since I wasn't 'here'. SA is but a 10 hr. drive from NO, and I had to work Sunday night. (Is this the right place to discuss?) Anyway, thanks again for your welcome!
I'm preparing another more in depth 'get to know me' and will post on the "How BBM affected me" thread. More pics on the Pics thread, too.
See ya 'round?

Lenny
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 01:18:27 AM by bass51 »

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
    • My Adventures In Paradise
« Reply #262 on: August 22, 2006, 08:14:41 PM »
Thanks, Jack, for your greeting.

Man, I must say, you are one who I've noticed making some of the most stunning changes. You look GREAT sans beard and close-cropped hair! The BBQ pics and videos are SO moving. I grinned and cried with ya'll all weekend. I wanted to go so bad, but figured it inappropriate since I wasn't 'here'. SA is but a 10 hr. drive from NO, and I had to work Sunday night. (Is this the right place to discuss?) Anyway, thanks again for your welcome!
I'm preparing another more in depth 'get to know me' and will post on the "How BBM affected me" thread. More pics on the Pics thread, too.
See ya 'round?
lenny.. you missed a great bunch of folks, and especially a great bunch of men, of all ages and many walks of life.  never fear though, because you can start your journey of acquaintance online.  tell they guys whos posts have moved you that you have been listening. it means more than you know that what you share to lighten your own load moves someone else, someone you never knew was listening.  and apparently even the progression of avatars is a journey.

you can count on seeing many of us around.  and if you lose us in the maze of threads, you can always track our posts through the profiles....

jack 
"through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall..."

Offline john john

• Obsessed
  • Ennis, admit it,you're falling in love.
« Reply #263 on: August 22, 2006, 09:28:41 PM »
Wecome Bass51, pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable,we've been waiting for you. :)

Having to hide your love is denying it.

Offline Nax

• The Captain Underpants Enigma
  • Tech Support
  • Obsessed
  • A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
    • naxfun.com
« Reply #264 on: August 23, 2006, 02:21:18 AM »

Lenny D.

Lenny a warm welcome to you to, I look forward to reading your posts.  I always like to invite new people into Auntie's Diner, a light hearted lounge and speakeasy (best way I can describe it) hope to see you there; it's under Our Community, Meet your Neighbors, Auntie's 24 Hour Diner - you've met her already, got your feet wet? come take the plunge.

Kindest regards

Neil

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
  • Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart
« Reply #265 on: August 23, 2006, 05:57:04 AM »
Lenny....hello amigo !!

So glad you decided to post and even more glad you decided to put your gorgeous picture in your avatar !!!
I'm delighted to meet you and hope you introduce yourself all over the threads....it's great to have you in our family!!

WELCOME !!

Nellie :)

RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !

Offline bass51

• Obsessed
« Reply #266 on: August 23, 2006, 10:42:41 AM »
i know an awful lot how you feel, and i am neither new here nor particularly shy. 

Umm, yeah, Jack, I've noticed that... ;)

we thank you for your trust, and hope it proves well founded.

Thanks, I already know it will be.

Lenny D.

you can count on seeing many of us around.  and if you lose us in the maze of threads, you can always track our posts through the profiles....

jack

Yeah, I've already figured that out, now trying out this quoting thing..

Lenny D.

Offline bass51

• Obsessed
« Reply #267 on: August 23, 2006, 10:47:30 AM »
Welcome Bass51, pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable,we've been waiting for you. :)

<sounds of chair dragging on floor>
Well, thanks, John John, what're ya'll clairvoyant or sumthin'? <look of bewilderment on Ennis's face!>  :)

Lenny
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 01:18:51 AM by bass51 »

Offline bass51

• Obsessed
« Reply #268 on: August 23, 2006, 10:54:35 AM »
Lenny a warm welcome to you to, I look forward to reading your posts.  I always like to invite new people into Auntie's Diner, a light hearted lounge and speakeasy (best way I can describe it) hope to see you there; it's under Our Community, Meet your Neighbors, Auntie's 24 Hour Diner - you've met her already, got your feet wet? come take the plunge.

Kindest regards

Neil

Thanks, Neil, cheers to you. Although I've been looking through the glass from the outside for awhile now, (so that's who's face we couldn't make out!) I've not 'officially' met Auntie but look forward to it.

Lenny
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 01:19:31 AM by bass51 »

Offline bass51

• Obsessed
« Reply #269 on: August 23, 2006, 11:11:55 AM »
Lenny....hello amigo !!

Nellie, que paso...'!

So glad you decided to post and even more glad you decided to put your gorgeous picture in your avatar !!!

<blushes>

I'm delighted to meet you and hope you introduce yourself all over the threads....it's great to have you in our family!!

WELCOME !!

Nellie

Thanks, Nell, I'll be getting around now that I'm no longer a phantom!
I must say, your beautiful smile is quite compelling. I can hear that hearty laughter loud and clear.
The pics of you at the BBQ are beautiful. You go girl.

Lenny
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 01:19:52 AM by bass51 »