The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here  (Read 501401 times)

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
Re: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here
« Reply #300 on: August 31, 2006, 12:03:33 PM »
Welcome again WyomingBoy and so very glad you have found us as well.

Luke-1 thank you for joinin us here as well.

I know that you both will be sharing a lot more once you learn to manuever the streets here!
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask anyone, and don't be shy, we were all new here once!!
So very glad that you have joined the forum family here and once again welcome!
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

wyomen

« Reply #301 on: August 31, 2006, 06:52:38 PM »
Well hello there WyomingBoy! I am Wyomen! Nax from the diner Pm's me to have me say hi. I live down in Rawlins and have been around these parts since February! Lots of ups and downs! I have been at some of the Wyoming get togethers and we are planning some more. So maybe sometime we can meet. Nothing too formal, it is just nice to talk to someone with the same BBM interests. On one campout we watched the movie under the stars up in the Big Horn Mountains and went up to Brokenback Mountain the next day where I have put a little cache of memorabilia.

Well, don't want to be too pushy so if you would like then write me back when you have the chance. The thing about the boards is you can decide how much of yourself you want to put out there and who you want to contact. Remember to have fun, there are some really good people here!

Good to meet you!

Wyomen

Offline Nax

• The Captain Underpants Enigma
  • Tech Support
  • Obsessed
  • A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
    • naxfun.com
« Reply #302 on: September 01, 2006, 01:44:28 AM »

I'm from Montreal, how boring is that!!!
Nothing wrong with Montreal! Place I really want to visit!

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
  • Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart
« Reply #303 on: September 01, 2006, 05:06:54 AM »
although I'm pretty low profile around here I would still like to welcome all newcomers. The wealth of ministry outa this place will meet just about everyone's various needs 'n all. :)

You're not low profile baby...I love your new avatar...nice to see your handsome face.

Nellie
RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !

Offline andy/Claude

• Obsessed
« Reply #304 on: September 01, 2006, 05:10:13 AM »
why, thankew m'am :-[ :-[
the shirts hanging on a nail shudder slightly in the draft.

Offline andy/Claude

• Obsessed
« Reply #305 on: September 01, 2006, 05:11:32 AM »
I've been wanting to get my pic up for ages but have only just gotten round to doin it...thanx to bbmbliss. I don't handle computers too well. :)

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
    • My Adventures In Paradise
« Reply #306 on: September 01, 2006, 05:34:25 AM »
well, andy, a mighty fine pic it is too.  spectacular head of hair you have there (as observed from the viewpoint of the follicularly challenged).

nice to see you.

jack 
"through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall..."

Offline john john

• Obsessed
  • Ennis, admit it,you're falling in love.
« Reply #307 on: September 01, 2006, 11:11:13 AM »

I'm from Montreal, how boring is that!!!
Nothing wrong with Montreal! Place I really want to visit!

I might have been a bit harsh on my town, but you know how it is, it got to be too familiar after a lifetime of living here.
Tourists seem to love it. It's a really safe town.
You'd be very well greeted here.

Having to hide your love is denying it.

Offline john john

• Obsessed
  • Ennis, admit it,you're falling in love.
« Reply #308 on: September 01, 2006, 11:16:17 AM »
I've been wanting to get my pic up for ages but have only just gotten round to doin it...thanx to bbmbliss. I don't handle computers too well. :)

Geez, that hair color looks familiar! Mine started greying at age 14!

Having to hide your love is denying it.

Offline ImEnnisShesJack

• Obsessed
« Reply #309 on: September 02, 2006, 01:06:06 PM »
Hi to all!

I'm a little nervous at writing this first "post" - I hardly know where or how to begin!
It's certainly been a godsend to discover this wonderful forum only a few days ago - you all seem or sound like such a wonderful group of people. From the few hours of reading I've done thus far, I know that I've found the "right site"! Wish I'd found it months ago when I first saw Brokeback Mountain. I'm sure it would have helped my almost "broken-hearted feelings" somewhat!

After my first viewing of BBM, I couldn't express within myself how or what I felt - I know that I was in a type of emotional shock. In some ways this has not subsided because I listen to the soundtrack every day - and I know that that just maintains those initial feelings I experienced from that first viewing! Also, I recently bought the DVD which I have watched several times.

I'm trying to analyse how and why I'm feeling this way about BBM - I still get choked-up at the first bars of the soundtrack and a couple of the songs. The haunting music also keeps me in that BBM "space"!

I empathise with both Jack and Ennis all the way through - I identify with them both and have had in my life "my Ennis period" and "my Jack period". There are so many corelations to the BBM story in my experience that I feel and resonate to, and this causes waves of grief to not just engulf me, but to stay for prolonged periods. I've noticed that when my grief is subsiding, I play the soundtrack again - as if I want to maintain this whole experience (which I still struggle to understand).

The part of Ennis that I have experienced so strongly and I still live to this day is the loneliness and inability to communicate this level of my identity truthfully to anyone - I feel the awful feeling of living a lie, expecially to my children - I become tearful just remembering the scene where Ennis agrees to go to his daughters wedding - it was similar for me. The scene in BBM at Thanksgiving were Alma confronts Ennis and Ennis's reaction was almost an exact scene from my own life. When I first saw that scene in the movie I remember my cheeks flushed - I was glad for the fact that nobody could see my face. There were too many resonances with my life experience in this story - especially Ennis.

This forum has been so good for me to read - and now, to contribute to. Whether or not I feel brave enough to continue contributing remains to be seen, but I most certainly will continue to visit this forum - you are lovely and loving people.

This is the first time I have shared such thoughts - thank you for the opportunity

Love, Luke

Luke,

It is good to have you here amongst us.  Do not be shy, but don't be pressured either.  We're all just here in whatever capacity we need to be or feel as the forum strikes us.  THere are lots of questions that this movie stirred up in us all - and don't expect the answers to come swiftly!  I still tear up with the music, and after 10x in the theatre and a handful at home, I still have trouble sitting through the whole movie.  It's changed me and my life profoundly.  And it continues to do so even nearly a year later.  We're all working through this wonderful movie's messages to us.

Join us.

Heidi
"And when he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night."
~~Heath Ledger 1979-2008~~

Carol8159@yahoo.com

Offline andy/Claude

• Obsessed
« Reply #310 on: September 02, 2006, 02:31:38 PM »

Geez, that hair color looks familiar! Mine started greying at age 14!

I'd say we belong to a very special group eh John? I started going salt n pepper in my thirties but now there aint nothin but white! If I could live long enough, I quite fancy growing it Gandalf style. LOL

Offline andy/Claude

• Obsessed
« Reply #311 on: September 02, 2006, 02:39:47 PM »
Well Luke, now that you're officially a Brokaholic, just regard yourself as a new work in progress cos the longer you hang around here and mix in with everybody or just lurk, you'll be amazed at how things start falling into place and making some kinda sense where it wasn't before.And the wonderful things is that you dont have to conform to anybody's idea of right n wrong, black or white or whatever. Here you have the freedom and opportunity to come to terms with the effects of this fabulous story/film and apply it as only you'll know how, as and when. Please hang around and enjoy the company of so many like minded people and see what comes out of it. I wish you well mate
Andy. 

Offline LSky94

• Expert
« Reply #312 on: September 02, 2006, 02:54:17 PM »
Welcome, Luke.

Offline Luke-1

• Experienced
« Reply #313 on: September 03, 2006, 07:36:10 PM »
Well Luke, now that you're officially a Brokaholic, just regard yourself as a new work in progress cos the longer you hang around here and mix in with everybody or just lurk, you'll be amazed at how things start falling into place and making some kinda sense where it wasn't before.And the wonderful things is that you dont have to conform to anybody's idea of right n wrong, black or white or whatever. Here you have the freedom and opportunity to come to terms with the effects of this fabulous story/film and apply it as only you'll know how, as and when. Please hang around and enjoy the company of so many like minded people and see what comes out of it. I wish you well mate
Andy. 
Thanks so much for your welcoming/encouraging comments Andy. Yes, I certainly feel like a Brokaholic - and most certainly a "new work in progress" as you said! I will hang around - just "reading" the threads makes me feel part of this great community and not so isolated with regard to BBM-type feelings. I wish you well also
...Luke

WyomingBoy

« Reply #314 on: September 04, 2006, 05:55:09 AM »
Hey Luke welcome.  I'm new here to, but feel like I've been around forever thanks to the great people that have welcomed me here.