The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here  (Read 500930 times)

Offline planetgal471

• Mistress of Metaphor
  • Obsessed
  • Race the Burning Sun
    • The Sacred Realm
Re: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here
« Reply #495 on: November 28, 2006, 07:36:06 PM »
well, i've been meaning to join up here for a few months now, but i'm kinda lazy so ... i only got around to it now. I should really be writing my next chapter, but instead i'm on here with a glass of wine. lol

Join the club *eyes empty bottle of beer*

Over in the Juicy Bits we have Le Bar Slash where we just drink and procrastinate on reading and writing  :D Stop on by and share the bottle.
"Speak what you think today in words as hard as cannonballs and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance

Offline Ministering angel

• Obsessed
  • ...that distant summer...
« Reply #496 on: November 28, 2006, 07:55:05 PM »
Looks like I picked an *interesting* day to arrive, what with Dave's message. Anyhow, I'm Charlotte from the city of the same name in NC. My life was at a major crossroads last year when BBM was released, and seeing the film had a profound effect on me that I still have a hard time articulating. I thought the feeling would subside but it did not.

I'm new to posting here...but looking forward to *meeting* you guys and sharing some thoughts.
Charlotte

Hi Charlotte, and welcome.

You know you're stuck here for ever, I guess. We just can't quit. And we don't want to. And why should we when there's so many fabulous people to meet and things to discover. I've barely scratched the surface.

Offline thinkin_out_loud

• Experienced
« Reply #497 on: November 29, 2006, 02:51:55 PM »
Hi everyone! I've been lurking for a few weeks now and decided to join in. I first saw BBM on February 3. I didn't have anyone to go with me, so I went alone. When I got home I couldn't stop thinking about it. When my son and his girlfriend came over that evening, I was so distracted while visiting with them - I just couldn't concentrate. I finally just told them about the movie and that I couldn't stop thinking about it. (They have both seen it now, too, and agreed it was very good) So here it is, almost 10 months later, and I think the obsession has gotten worse.  :D It's OK, though. It's only the best film I ever saw, that's all.  :)

Offline planetgal471

• Mistress of Metaphor
  • Obsessed
  • Race the Burning Sun
    • The Sacred Realm
« Reply #498 on: November 29, 2006, 03:11:28 PM »
Welcome, thinking! You have found a place where no one will ever say, "geez, can't you talk about something else for once" :) Hope you love it here, as I have.
"Speak what you think today in words as hard as cannonballs and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance

Offline thinkin_out_loud

• Experienced
« Reply #499 on: November 29, 2006, 03:17:20 PM »
Thanks, planetgal!  I love it here already.  :)  This whole forum is huge - it will take awhile to get my bearings. But I already made it through the entire "Scene by Scene" FNIT thread. [*pats herself on the back*]   :)

Offline john john

• Obsessed
  • Ennis, admit it,you're falling in love.
« Reply #500 on: November 29, 2006, 03:38:32 PM »
Thanks, planetgal!  I love it here already.  :)  This whole forum is huge - it will take awhile to get my bearings. But I already made it through the entire "Scene by Scene" FNIT thread. [*pats herself on the back*]   :)

Hope you enjoy yourself Thinkin_out_loud, it's never too late to join in the passion.

Welcome to the campsite, beans aren't mandatory! ;D

Having to hide your love is denying it.

Offline thinkin_out_loud

• Experienced
« Reply #501 on: November 29, 2006, 09:22:11 PM »
Thanks, john john! Yeah, I'll skip the beans, but I will have some of that elk, medium-well, and maybe a teeny bit of the whiskey.  ;D

Offline Saena

• Experienced
    • my fanfiction account
« Reply #502 on: November 29, 2006, 10:07:07 PM »
This whole forum is huge - it will take awhile to get my bearings. But I already made it through the entire "Scene by Scene" FNIT thread. [*pats herself on the back*]   :)

When I got here in September, I thought I was going to spend all my time in the slash thread. As it turns out, I've never been there.  ;D But the few threads I do post in- "How Brokeback Affected Me", mostly, plus the Diner and a couple of other threads in the "Meet Your Neighbors" section- have been very fulfilling. Feel free to start with a few and work your way up from there. Welcome to the board- and all the insanity that it brings!  :)

Saena

Offline thinkin_out_loud

• Experienced
« Reply #503 on: November 29, 2006, 10:23:58 PM »
Thanks, Saena. I'll be sure to check out the threads you mentioned. It's all so interesting - from the serious discussions to the silly fun - it's all good.   :)

rainydaye

« Reply #504 on: November 30, 2006, 11:26:04 AM »
Reckon I should introduce myself here... My name is Angela
I love forums!! you could say im pretty addicted to them. I also do web design and work on pcs from time to time.
I'm in arkansas and Im older than dirt!! 'grins'

"waves to everyone"

Ohhh and I'm going back to school in Jan . woohoo!

Nice meeting y'all !

Mmm  I did mention I'm a forum aholic yes??? ok thought so

Have a great one !  ;)

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
    • My Adventures In Paradise
« Reply #505 on: November 30, 2006, 12:33:30 PM »
ummm... rainy,

if i may, can i ask why this forum.  you didn't mention a connection to the movie and story that brought us together, or another poster of your acquaintance.  we have become fairly all-purpose, but underneath it all beats the heart of a simple short story and a finely crafted film.

welcome in any case,

jack
"through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall..."

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #506 on: November 30, 2006, 12:43:40 PM »
Ah, Angela, you are most welcome here!

If you are not yet familiar with the movie that brought us here, you are in for an amazing experience! If you do know it, then you will find an incredible number of like-minded souls seeking community and answers to the questions we all pose. Please do not hesitate to ask us about anything in particular you may be looking for, we'll be happy to point you in the direction you seek. Again, welcome to our Forum!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

rainydaye

« Reply #507 on: November 30, 2006, 02:50:11 PM »
ummm... rainy,

if i may, can i ask why this forum.  you didn't mention a connection to the movie and story that brought us together, or another poster of your acquaintance.  we have become fairly all-purpose, but underneath it all beats the heart of a simple short story and a finely crafted film.

welcome in any case,

jack
You right Jack I havent mentioned it. I saw some links to my pages from this forum, read a few post , seemed like a great bunch of folks.
But your right > I shall delete myself

have a great holiday everyone !

Offline chapeaugris

• Obsessed
« Reply #508 on: December 01, 2006, 05:12:39 AM »
ummm... rainy,

welcome in any case,

jack
You right Jack I havent mentioned it. I saw some links to my pages from this forum, read a few post , seemed like a great bunch of folks.
But your right > I shall delete myself

have a great holiday everyone !

Well, that was strange. I've never heard of addictions to forums in general.   ???

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
    • My Adventures In Paradise
« Reply #509 on: December 01, 2006, 06:03:22 AM »
i don't think i was being unfriendly, just rather curious, myself.  :-\
"through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall..."