The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here  (Read 498206 times)

Offline planetgal471

• Mistress of Metaphor
  • Obsessed
  • Race the Burning Sun
    • The Sacred Realm
Re: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here
« Reply #510 on: December 01, 2006, 08:06:33 AM »
i don't think i was being unfriendly, just rather curious, myself.  :-\

For sure, I didn't think anything you said was aimed at pushing them away. I think we were all thinking, "oh good, someone we can make watch Brokeback."  ;D But it was strange. Oh well.
"Speak what you think today in words as hard as cannonballs and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance

Offline CharlotteV

• Expert
  • Girls don't fall in love with fun
« Reply #511 on: December 02, 2006, 06:50:28 PM »
Hey, y'all,
I am still new here -- is there a page on the site where you have avatars? Or are you getting them from other sites? (Oh, and I also have a new computer I am still learning...at least I have my priorities in order by visiting here most often, right?)
Thanks,
Charlotte

Offline planetgal471

• Mistress of Metaphor
  • Obsessed
  • Race the Burning Sun
    • The Sacred Realm
« Reply #512 on: December 03, 2006, 01:32:26 PM »
Hey, y'all,
I am still new here -- is there a page on the site where you have avatars? Or are you getting them from other sites? (Oh, and I also have a new computer I am still learning...at least I have my priorities in order by visiting here most often, right?)
Thanks,
Charlotte
There is a small thread for people who make them, and you can take them from there:
http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=13073.0
"Speak what you think today in words as hard as cannonballs and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance

Offline katiebbm

• Feet Wet
« Reply #513 on: December 03, 2006, 09:18:22 PM »
Hi,
First time to a forum and I feel a little weird.
Started seeing BBM about a month ago and am officially hooked. I have it on TIVO and am up to 13 viewings, including pausing, rewinding, and replaying my favorite scenes (FNIT, SNIT, DE, and reunion, specifically, the Kiss).
I have been lurking in this site for about a week and finally got up the courage to post. Look forward to talking with other's like myself, an eternal Jake fan.

Offline planetgal471

• Mistress of Metaphor
  • Obsessed
  • Race the Burning Sun
    • The Sacred Realm
« Reply #514 on: December 03, 2006, 09:19:54 PM »
Welcome, Katie! I lurked for a month before I got the nerve to introduce myself, and now I have over 5000 posts! This was my first forum, and it takes a week or two (or a few months, in my case) to get the hang of everything, but I'm sure you'll come to love this place as much as the rest of us do!

Offline Adrian

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Obsessed
    • Hollywood Forums Online
« Reply #515 on: December 03, 2006, 09:24:02 PM »
Hi,
I have been lurking in this site for about a week and finally got up the courage to post. Look forward to talking with other's like myself, an eternal Jake fan.

Hi Katie, welcome to the forum!  If you're an 'eternal Jake fan', you might want to check out the link to the thread that I'm posting here for you.  Everything you've ever wanted to experience about Jake, and more, you'll find here.  Great to have you here!

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=12865.8580

Offline katiebbm

• Feet Wet
« Reply #516 on: December 03, 2006, 09:29:13 PM »
Thanks Adrian,
That's one of the sites I've been lurking on. Those are some of the greatest pix I've ever seen. I still haven't gotten through all of them.

Offline Adrian

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Obsessed
« Reply #517 on: December 03, 2006, 09:39:18 PM »
There's also Jake's Eyelashes 1, 2, 3, and 4 to work through, in the archived section.  If you want pictures, I'm probably the guy to ask, I have a bit of a reputation when it comes to my admiration of everything Jake Gyllenhaal  :D  If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to PM me and I'll help you find your way around.  For General chat you might also want to check out "FanFair" in the Actor's threads.   ;)

bradINblue

« Reply #518 on: December 03, 2006, 09:48:15 PM »
why couldn't i live in canada and be looking for a new doctor....... ;)

b

Offline Adrian

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Obsessed
« Reply #519 on: December 03, 2006, 09:53:04 PM »

b

haha, yea yea.  You don't live "that far" from here, from what I remember, Washington State right?  Not that far of a drive ;)  Besides, "once" I'm licensed, I'd be happy to do physical's on cute American guys   :D

bradINblue

« Reply #520 on: December 03, 2006, 10:17:41 PM »

b

haha, yea yea.  You don't live "that far" from here, from what I remember, Washington State right?  Not that far of a drive ;)  Besides, "once" I'm licensed, I'd be happy to do physical's on cute American guys   :D

cough    ;)

Offline Adrian

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Obsessed
« Reply #521 on: December 03, 2006, 10:39:15 PM »

cough    ;)

haha, ok, I think we're taking this convo somewhere where this thread don't wanna tread!  ;)

btw - cough?  not so much.  rubber glove - that's the way.  :D

next...

Offline TwistEnnis

• Obsessed
« Reply #522 on: December 04, 2006, 05:20:34 PM »

cough    ;)

haha, ok, I think we're taking this convo somewhere where this thread don't wanna tread!  ;)

btw - cough?  not so much.  rubber glove - that's the way.  :D

next...

Sign me up!  lol  I wanna be next!
~T-Truth is, sometimes I miss you so much, I can hardly stand it~

Offline CharlotteV

• Expert
  • Girls don't fall in love with fun
« Reply #523 on: December 04, 2006, 07:18:15 PM »
Hey, y'all,
Thanks,
Charlotte
There is a small thread for people who make them, and you can take them from there:
http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=13073.0

Thanks! I would never have found them on my own -- this site is as big as the Wyoming sky! (LOL)

Offline BrokenOkie

• Former Mod
  • Obsessed
    • The Dave Cullen Forum Band
« Reply #524 on: December 04, 2006, 07:26:25 PM »
Hi CharlotteV and all our other new friends!  Welcome!!

This link might be useful to navigate around the forum.  The info is a bit out of date - there are some newer threads that haven't been added yet:

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=8878.msg236697#msg236697

The link is included in the 'News Box', which is located at the top right of each forum page.