The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here  (Read 498203 times)

Offline sugarcheryl

• Experienced
    • cometababy
Re: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here
« Reply #585 on: January 10, 2007, 02:14:32 PM »
Possibly a stupid question here.....but what do the stars mean that are under our names? I have noticed that mine is growing and was just wondering what they meant.
You boys sure found a way to make the time pass up there. Twist, you guys wasn't gettin' paid to leave the dogs babysittin' the sheep while you stemmed the rose.

Offline sugarcheryl

• Experienced
    • cometababy
« Reply #586 on: January 10, 2007, 02:29:25 PM »
Possibly a stupid question here.....but what do the stars mean that are under our names? I have noticed that mine is growing and was just wondering what they meant.

Nevermind....I found my answer in another thread :D
You boys sure found a way to make the time pass up there. Twist, you guys wasn't gettin' paid to leave the dogs babysittin' the sheep while you stemmed the rose.

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
  • Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart
« Reply #587 on: January 10, 2007, 02:30:56 PM »

Nevermind....I found my answer in another thread :D

LMAO
RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !

Offline jwm

• Obsessed
« Reply #588 on: January 12, 2007, 12:35:09 PM »
Hi I was really hoping that there are still some people out there that I can talk to about this unpredicatable obsession that I have of this movie, I just watched it last week Jan 5 07 and it was really out of curiosity, plus nothing else on that I hadn't seen, late at night by myself, well I don't need to tell that I was totally shocked at how much I loved it, I couldn't believe it, I just sat there at the end and that's it, shit you can't leave me like this totally crying and heartbroken, so needless to say I watched it again and this time I cried even more because I picked more of the story, and I have no idea why it a affected that way I am a staright 50 somewhat married woman and yet it made me feel like a silly school girl, and I thought what the heck, so I wanted to talk about it really badly but everyone I know hasn't seen it, so here I am with all this obsession going on and no one to discuss with and I must say I am really glad that I am not the only one that it affected this, I was wondering if I was going nuts but I see not, so I would really appreciate it if I could join in with your discussion and I hope that I can get this damn thing out of my head, by the way I think I have seen it at least 5 times in a week, so again I hope to hear from someone out there,
I am real sorry that I didn't watch this beautiful. heartwrenching, and defiiantly heartbreaking movie long before now, but better late than never it truly would have been my loss if I hadn't.

jwm

Offline BayCityJohn

• Forum Hero
  • Tech Support
  • Obsessed
« Reply #589 on: January 12, 2007, 12:52:38 PM »
Welcome jwm!!

We all know what you're going through.

You've only seen it 5 times in one week?? You need to catch up :D
I saw it 10 times at the theatre in one week last year.

Jump right in to any discussion on this forum, there are a lot of great people waiting to hear from you.

A great thread for discussing how you were affected by the movie can be foud here:
http://www.davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=101.0

If you just want to chit-chat, come on over to Auntie's Diner under 'Meet Your Neighbors'
http://www.davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=18979.0

AND If you're not too far away, a bunch of us are going to watch the movie on the big screen here in Michigan on Feb.25
http://www.davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=17560.0

« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 12:58:52 PM by BayCityJohn »

Offline cabin

• Obsessed
« Reply #590 on: January 12, 2007, 01:17:43 PM »
Hi I was really hoping that there are still some people out there that I can talk to about this unpredicatable obsession

jwm:

Welcome to the forum and am really glad you found us.  You will be OK now.

Obsession, indeed.  You've only just begun.  Even though my 1 year anniversary joining this Forum was yesterday, I am currently at my most active here.  My life has changed because of Brokeback Mountain.  I have also come to realize that I was not alone and have developed many great friendships around the world.  John has directed you to some very good threads which you should check out.

I will let you search out on your own, but come back to any of us, at any of the threads or through personal messages with any questions.  I'm sure that within the next few days you will see many responses to your introduction.  It is always nice to see that the BBM effect rolls on.  One word of advise, I have come to know that not everyone reacts the way we have to this film.  For example, I have been in a gay relationship for 28 years, my partner thinks it's a great movie, but did not react at the emotional level that I did.

Oh, and BTW (by the way), it's OK to cry.  We've all done it.  :)

Hugs and  :-* :-* :-*

Offline jwm

• Obsessed
« Reply #591 on: January 12, 2007, 02:06:06 PM »

Hi I was really hoping that there are still some people out there that I can talk to about this unpredicatable obsession

jwm:

Welcome to the forum and am really glad you found us.  You will be OK now.

Obsession, indeed.  You've only just begun.  Even though my 1 year anniversary joining this Forum was yesterday, I am currently at my most active here.  My life has changed because of Brokeback Mountain.  I have also come to realize that I was not alone and have developed many great friendships around the world.  John has directed you to some very good threads which you should check out.

I will let you search out on your own, but come back to any of us, at any of the threads or through personal messages with any questions.  I'm sure that within the next few days you will see many responses to your introduction.  It is always nice to see that the BBM effect rolls on.  One word of advise, I have come to know that not everyone reacts the way we have to this film.  For example, I have been in a gay relationship for 28 years, my partner thinks it's a great movie, but did not react at the emotional level that I did.

Oh, and BTW (by the way), it's OK to cry.  We've all done it.  :)

Hugs and  :-* :-* :-*

hi I hope that i can become more knowledgeable about navigagating through this maze and finally know how to commuicate with all you good people hopfully soon because right about now I am contaplating just giving up, thanks jwm

Offline cabin

• Obsessed
« Reply #592 on: January 12, 2007, 02:19:04 PM »
You are doing great so far.  Might as well start quoting in your replies that way you get over the learning curve.  You can also delete part of the quoted material so as not to make the message as long.  Just watch out for the (quote) designations.

You can always ask one of us.

Gerry
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 03:26:26 PM by cabin »

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #593 on: January 12, 2007, 05:18:26 PM »
You are so very welcome here jwm! You are doing very well, so please DON"T give up!!
We are all here to suppport you as we have all been thru the exact same thing. Just starting out like this, I know it  seems so overwhelming and questionable, but we have ALL been thru it.
I do hope that you just take the time to go here
http://www.davecullen.com/forum/index.php (just click on the link)
and look at the boards and threads and see which ones you think will help you the most!
Ask any of us questions here or in a pm and if I can be of anyassistance with any questions as to how to navigate do not hesitate to pm ( you can go to the little blue IM button under my name in my avatar and ask away)
Also ANYONE here will answer any questions as well.
Once again welcome to us here and I hope you look on it as "home" and as your friends and family!
killersmom/Linda
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline Aile

• Experienced
« Reply #594 on: January 15, 2007, 06:47:53 AM »
Hi,

I just joined yesterday although I have been reading things like crazy here for the past week or so.  I first saw BBM a month ago and of course I haven't stopped thinking about it since.  I had meant to see it last year when it first opened, I read all about it but I didn't.  Maybe I knew it would affect so much so I just put it off, I don't know, but I am so sorry now that I didn't because I would have loved to have known about this board and joined in much sooner.

My stats, I am a 43 year old female in the NE, I actually wrote already in 'how BBM afftected my life' thread, I would love to hear your thoughts.

I would love be be active here, but I cannot deny that I am a bit intimidated...

Just wanted to say hello.

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #595 on: January 15, 2007, 09:10:09 AM »
Dear Aile, welcome to the Forum! Please make yourself comfortable here, and you can be as inactive or active as you feel, going back and forth as much as you want. You are under no pressure to post or not post at all! It's never too late to start here! Move around and inspect the threads. For a lighter form of banter, you might want to check out the Diner in this board, it's a lot of fun but can move very fast at times. If you post and an answer does not immediately follow, that does not mean you're being ignored, just someone answering a previous post, probably. You will be answered and welcomed quite soon after you post there, except in those rare occasions that no one is there at that particular moment! Again welcome, and we're glad to have you join us!

Sorry not to have welcomed you sooner, but this being a holiday, many of us took the opportunity to sleep in late!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
  • Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart
« Reply #596 on: January 16, 2007, 05:53:36 AM »
I would love be be active here, but I cannot deny that I am a bit intimidated...

Just wanted to say hello.

"Intimidated"?...oh lord...no way..don't feel like that at all......we're all a bunch of silly ,perverted,(well,not me  ::) ) sweet,lovable,caring people....lol.....be yourself...you'll fit right in... :D

Nellie
RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !

Offline marshall.pen

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #597 on: January 21, 2007, 05:01:43 AM »
 :)Hello,everyone!
i am a guy from China.Of course,also a gay from China.I sm sorry my English is so limited.But I am still trying to say something about myself.
I saw this movie,Brokeback,last year.It totally changed me.It let me know that a moving story could be made in this way.It made me want to be a great director like Ang Lee.
Ok,however,I am studying letereture,not making movies.
i like movies,music,novels...everything a young man will like.I also like writing stories.And most of them are about boys' love.
er...
I am 19 years old.But them say i look like 15 as I am so thin.
Marshall Pen is my English name.My Chinese name is Peng Moxie(彭陌勰).
al...if you want to know more about me,or make friend with me, my E-mail address is here:pmx3r@163.com
ok,that's all.

marshall.
当我想起你,感觉真美妙.      
                                                    ┗┱ ┓┚╅

Whén  ī  THínk òf  yoù ,īt sēēms sò bèaútìfúl.

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #598 on: January 21, 2007, 10:14:54 AM »
歡迎光臨! 你好嗎?

Welcome to the Forum! I hope that you will enjoy yourself here with us. Feel free to roam around and read what you want, and if you find something that you would like to write something about, feel free to do that too. You may write as much or as little as you want, it's up to you. But know that you are very welcome here, and we are glad to have you among us. And thank you for posting your picture in the picture thread, it is always good to be able to see the person that we are chatting with. And thank you also for your kind PM.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Mule

• Obsessed
« Reply #599 on: January 21, 2007, 01:45:29 PM »
Ok... I think it's about time I came out of hiding. I'm probably one of the most long-lasting lurkers around here... I first discovered this forum last October when I bought the DVD (yes... it wasn't released earlier in my country! Can you imagine to wait that long...?! You probably can't... :)) I saw the movie at the theatre in February (just twice... which might make me a bit of an outsider here :)) and had all the usual symptoms but was too stupid to find this place on the internet. After I finally got the DVD and had seen the movie some more times (a lot more times, actually! I guess I'm not that much of an outsider after all... :)) I found this forum and have been following a lot of these threads ever since. I never got round to posting myself, though... First of all because I was too busy reading what you had already written (which was quite a lot by October, mind you!) but also because English isn't my native language (as you will have noticed by now :)). That wouldn't have bothered me on any other forum but here most people are so eloquent and have such a great way with words.

And since I find it hard to put in words how BBM has affected me even in my own language, it's even more difficult in English. It's been almost a year since I first saw it and I've never before seen a movie that wouldn't let go of me for such long time. It made me so sad (well... for obvious reasons!) but also hopeful because it seems that true love does exist! There have been times in my 33 years on this planet where I have pretty much given up on that idea... So I need a reminder every now and then!  :( ven if it's just fictional and probably happens very rarely in real life. I found that to be a very small but important positive message of the movie despite all the depressing circumstances and the tragic ending (...don't even wanna think about it! I'm one of those people who haven't watched the end of the movie in a long time...)

Apart from that, I'm still trying to to find out why this movie has affected me the way it has... ?!?! I honestly don't know. It made me want to change something but I've no idea what. I'm not making much sense here, I know!

Anyway... this is just to introduce myself and to let you know that I enjoy reading what you write very much. I particularly like several of the scene-by-scene threads, Planet Heath (since he was the reason why I went to see the movie in the first place!) and of course all the heartbreaking stories that people share. I will continue to read as much as possible - unfortunately I've got a job which requires me to actually DO some work every now and then... :) - and I might even post again. Maybe it gets easier after the first post?  :)