The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here  (Read 501544 times)

Offline Chriscd45

• Expert
  • Excited Puppy
Re: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here
« Reply #690 on: March 06, 2007, 12:11:22 PM »
Hazel that was amazing.

*Trying to figure out who you are from Bay City*

I Thought I hugged everyone!

Thanks for sharing so much, much love, incredible story.
*First Slash Bash attendee to almost get arrested!*

"That you're standing on your own, Blind and unguided into a world divided"

"Standing alone Eager to just Believe it's good enough to be what You really are But in your heart Uncertainty forever lies And you'll always be Somewhere on the Outs

Offline jimspain

• Experienced
« Reply #691 on: March 07, 2007, 11:17:00 AM »
Dearest Hazel....just read your story...tears streaming down my face...what a beautiful post...You write with such clarity and power.

I recognised ME in virtually every line. Like you I´ve struggled with what the film was trying to tell me. Like you the lost-love paradigm didn´t really call to me.....Like you Ennis was the sticking point...and you´ve nailed him/it for me.

I´ve often said to people I feel like a ghost in my own life. Not knowing what I was put here to do...fussing over everyone around me, trying to get THEIR lives in order (usually WITHOUT their asking me...so MY fault! ) giving sage advice, helping physically , emotionally etc....( Everyone sees me as one of the most helpful/capable people they know ). But thanks to Brokeback and posts like yours I see now that all this outward-bound benevolence is part of a personal campaign to avoid looking at my own problems ...Most of those I play Earth Mother/Big Brother to would be surprised if they even had a whiff of my true internal life. I´ve kept it hidden so expertly . Keeping my big emotional Ten Gallon Hat firmly pulled over my eyes...maybe Destiny won´t recongnise me and I´ll be able to avoid grappling with hi tyre-iron!!!!!  Like Ennis ,micro-managing the day-to-day slippage of my own personality into oblivion.

I so hope you are successful in your personal evolution. As a result of Brokeback, this Forum ....and wonderful posts from other seekers like yourself, I´m working on mine too.  But aren´t we lucky to have been blessed with this wonderful film as our..as you´d put it...message from the Universe ?

Once again good luck HazelX

averell

« Reply #692 on: March 11, 2007, 05:47:46 PM »
I've been visiting the various threads for a couple of months now and this is my first post. I don't have much to say for the time being, I still have to figure out how to create an avatar and for me the help section is quite overwhelming and not always... helpful.

I don't even know if this message will appear where it's supposed to go but I have to give it a first try, right? I really enjoy this place and would love to become a bona fide member.

I apologize if this all comes out wrong.

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
    • My Adventures In Paradise
« Reply #693 on: March 11, 2007, 06:10:41 PM »
averell...

you are doing just fine.  it took us all a while to get comfy here.  if you have a specific question you can always ask a moderator, or post the question in the newcomers ask or in here.  enjoy and give time time.

jack
"through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall..."

averell

« Reply #694 on: March 11, 2007, 07:15:39 PM »
averell...

you are doing just fine.  it took us all a while to get comfy here.  if you have a specific question you can always ask a moderator, or post the question in the newcomers ask or in here.  enjoy and give time time.

jack

Thanks so much. I just found the threads you're mentioning and I'm going there right now.

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #695 on: March 11, 2007, 07:23:07 PM »
Averell, anything we can do to help, just let anyone know.
Get 3 more posts and then you can pm any specific questions or difficulties.
So glad to see you here.

Linda
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

averell

« Reply #696 on: March 11, 2007, 07:38:07 PM »
Thank you Jack and Linda.

If this one works I'm gonna feel like a pro!

averell

« Reply #697 on: March 11, 2007, 07:39:20 PM »
IT WORKED! HURRAY!!!

averell

« Reply #698 on: March 11, 2007, 07:47:04 PM »
I just realized my name might lead to some confusion. Averell is the name of a cherished little dog I lost 4 years ago. It's just sweet to be able to bring him back here - so to speak - with me. I will come back tomorrow. Many thanks again for your prompt and friendly help. :)

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
    • My Adventures In Paradise
« Reply #699 on: March 12, 2007, 03:56:25 AM »
IT WORKED! HURRAY!!!
for the record averell, i had to have others create my first avatar, and host any pictures i hoped to post for the first couple months i was here.  took me forever to get the hang of it.

hat tip: linda, alex and pgreg   
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 04:15:21 AM by jack »
"through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall..."

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #700 on: March 12, 2007, 04:13:06 AM »
welcome, averell !  :)
Minds are like parachutes... they both work better when opened.

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #701 on: March 12, 2007, 04:14:49 AM »
IT WORKED! HURRAY!!!
for the record averell, i had to have others create my first avatar, and host any pictures i hoped to post for the first couple months i was here.  too me forever to get the hang of it.

hat tip: linda, alex and pgreg   

...or me. i created quite a number of avatars in here. you can simply give me a photo and i can cut it the way you want it !
Minds are like parachutes... they both work better when opened.

Offline RochesterMommy

• Experienced
  • Teh Bulge
« Reply #702 on: March 16, 2007, 06:54:22 PM »
Didn't see the "sandbox"...just trying something out before I post it out somewhere and look like an a**.  Ok here goes.

Offline RochesterMommy

• Experienced
  • Teh Bulge
« Reply #703 on: March 16, 2007, 06:55:03 PM »
Didn't see the "sandbox"...just trying something out before I post it out somewhere and look like an a**.  Ok here goes.

Ummmm....didn't work.  Oh well. 

Offline jscbbm

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #704 on: April 14, 2007, 10:29:11 AM »
Hi, Everyone:

Been lurking here for some time and finally got around to posting.  Watched BBM for the first time about 6 weeks ago, and it was life-altering.  I have NEVER reacted to a movie like I have to this one.  I watched it over and over, I started reading the boards, I started reading fanfic.  I saw someone post not long ago about "pod people" and I thought "Exactly! That's what I feel like has happened to me!"  Anyway, I'm happy that I have company in my obsession out here in Netland.

Glad to know you all...