The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here  (Read 501474 times)

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
  • Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart
Re: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here
« Reply #780 on: August 30, 2007, 01:51:05 PM »
Welcoming all the new comers....please continue to post around!! See ya around!

Nellie :D
RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #781 on: August 31, 2007, 12:09:16 PM »

Complete 'newbie' as you say here. 1st post too. I have been a 'lurker' for quite sometime, and finally got frustrated enough, because I just did not have the time to read everything in this forum. I have been very impressed with several of the moderators and contributors here. I am different from most posters in this way: the book is what brought me here, not the movie. And yes, I have seen the film a total of 3 times, still wasn't as moved by it as I am by the book. I like to read, when I get the time! Little info about me: I live in the Midwest USA, not far from twtplanner and I think BrokenOkie. I am an Ennis through and through, I cannot change what is, I know myself very well, am well-adjusted and content. There was a posted who lived in Iowa, I think his user name was Dave something,anyway out stories are pretty parallel. Enough about me, I enjoy TDS, the Diner, Fan Fair and the masculine threads. I am drawn to the male posters on here, my favorites are twtplanner, Cabin, Andy, Johnjohn, Marc, BradnBlue, WLguy,MountainBoy, BrokebackTom or is that Explosive Member, Dave Cullen, and for shear entertainment Adrian and Chad81! Love those two 'boys' and BTW, I guess congratulations are in order, you two 'warm my heart'...........thanks for listening and I'll try to post from time to time. Oh, the Ladies? Love you all..............

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #782 on: August 31, 2007, 12:29:37 PM »
Hey Flyboy and welcome! Glad you decided to delurk and start posting. You seem to know your way around here, so I just want to mention that, since you are especially fond of the short story, if you haven't come across these yet, there are videos of RodneyFL reading parts of it in this posting and many others on the pages following. And after the BBQ videos, there are two more of him reading the short story in front of an abandoned ranch house in Lightning Flat, Wyoming, as well as in a cemetery in nearby Rockypoint.

http://www.davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=10624.msg976803#msg976803

If you haven't seen these yet, I hope that you will enjoy them!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Flyboy

• Obsessed
« Reply #783 on: August 31, 2007, 01:01:36 PM »
WOW!! My 1st reply from a member! Thanks for the welcome Fritz, I saw the video postings but I can't hardly make enough time to get through all the threads in here. I will try to catch one of them soon. I'm just a person who would rather read than watch films, and the only reason I viewed BBM 3 times was to try and figure out what 'got to' most of the members here. It was the book that hit me so hard, not the film. Don't know why. You are one busy person, that's all I can say.......haha.....enjoy your time in the mountains! And thanks again for the response........

Offline Chad81

• Obsessed
« Reply #784 on: August 31, 2007, 01:24:29 PM »
hello flyboy, welcome to this place, the people are very nice here, you will like it   :)

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
  • Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart
« Reply #785 on: August 31, 2007, 02:08:08 PM »

Complete 'newbie' as you say here. 1st post too. I have been a 'lurker' for quite sometime, and finally got frustrated enough, because I just did not have the time to read everything in this forum. I have been very impressed with several of the moderators and contributors here. I am different from most posters in this way: the book is what brought me here, not the movie. And yes, I have seen the film a total of 3 times, still wasn't as moved by it as I am by the book. I like to read, when I get the time! Little info about me: I live in the Midwest USA, not far from twtplanner and I think BrokenOkie. I am an Ennis through and through, I cannot change what is, I know myself very well, am well-adjusted and content. There was a posted who lived in Iowa, I think his user name was Dave something,anyway out stories are pretty parallel. Enough about me, I enjoy TDS, the Diner, Fan Fair and the masculine threads. I am drawn to the male posters on here, my favorites are twtplanner, Cabin, Andy, Johnjohn, Marc, BradnBlue, WLguy,MountainBoy, BrokebackTom or is that Explosive Member, Dave Cullen, and for shear entertainment Adrian and Chad81! Love those two 'boys' and BTW, I guess congratulations are in order, you two 'warm my heart'...........thanks for listening and I'll try to post from time to time. Oh, the Ladies? Love you all..............

Oh my oh my...lookie here!!!

Welcome Flyboy  ;D

I have to tell ya some of your favorite posters are MY favorite too,darling ..they're a bunch of great guys. And there's tons of em just like them  ;)..and sure glad you love us ladies.... :-*...I'll be keeping an eye out for you then since you like the same threads I do it seems... 8)....and you're from around Okieville?!?!?!....lmao...excellent!! 

See ya around,

Nellie
RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !

Offline Flyboy

• Obsessed
« Reply #786 on: August 31, 2007, 02:47:46 PM »
Thanks Nellie, you DO have a way of making people laugh and feel good. But sorry, no, I'm not an Okie, just far enough away not to lay claim to that 'title', but love those two guys anyway............hahaha..........I'll be in here from time to time.......just can't be consistent, tooo much working and, guess what? RL raises it's head continually...........later

Offline john john

• Obsessed
  • Ennis, admit it,you're falling in love.
« Reply #787 on: August 31, 2007, 02:49:55 PM »
Hi Flyboy! Welcome to the campsite!

I too fell in love with the story way before the film came out. Now I love them both on their own merits. One thing I regret is seeing the film while knowing about the shirts. I really wonder how much of a punch that was for an unexpecting viewer.

But.

Since I knew what was coming after the phone call to Lureen I started bawling all the way up to the scene in Jack's bedroom!!!!
It was as if I didn't want to see it, I barely did anyway what with the kleenex and all ;D

I really was a mess.

See ya later friend!

JJ

Having to hide your love is denying it.

Offline Flyboy

• Obsessed
« Reply #788 on: August 31, 2007, 03:08:21 PM »
Thanks Johnjohn, I am way over my head here today, already PM'ing with a couple, I can't keep up. So much activity here. But I will try to be in from time to time..........so far, everyone has been SOOOOO welcoming, I'm starting to relax.........now, back to RL and work..........take care.....

Offline dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #789 on: August 31, 2007, 03:15:28 PM »
Welcome, Flyboy.  Nice to have a new poster.

Stop in at the Diner sometime if you want to talk to a few people (or more) at one time.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline Flyboy

• Obsessed
« Reply #790 on: August 31, 2007, 03:36:59 PM »
Thanks Debbie, yes, I'm getting around better now, Adrian and Chad eased my mind a bit, so I'm starting to relax a little. I still cannot believe it took me since early 2006 to finally take the plunge and just join up! Life is sure crazy sometimes. I read where you are heading to NY soon. I get there about 6 or 7 times a year myself. Love that city and the people. So have fun! RL is calling, so I need to head out, get some work done. Take care now...........

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
    • My Adventures In Paradise
« Reply #791 on: August 31, 2007, 04:38:15 PM »
and btw, a lot of us are heading out to san francisco to see the movie once again, on a BIG screen, and to gather in personwith friends we have come to love.  i am one of the unannounced (shhh) hoping to surprise a few friends.

jack
"through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall..."

Offline huntinbuddy

• Obsessed
« Reply #792 on: August 31, 2007, 07:42:03 PM »
Well, not really a new member here, but while using a camera a great deal, am basically camera shy myself.  Earlier today, a German couple wanted me to take their photo in front of the Athabasca Glacier in the Columbia Icefield (the largest icefield in the Rockies at 325 square kilometers).  Afterwards, they insisted they take one of yours truly, huntinbuddy, with his camera.  While the focus and other things could be better, here you go folks....huntinbuddy in front of the Athabasca Glacier

Life is worth living fully. Live each moment like you are going to die tomorrow.

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #793 on: August 31, 2007, 07:52:59 PM »
good to see you, huntin' buddy!  Thanks for posting the pic!

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #794 on: August 31, 2007, 08:07:25 PM »
YAY!! HB!
So good to see your smiling face!!!
Thanks so much for posting your pic!!! :D
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard