The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Non believers who love Brokeback Mountain  (Read 701091 times)

Offline Doug2017

• Obsessed
Re: Non believers who love Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #255 on: August 16, 2006, 10:21:20 AM »

My knowledge of the US is very minimal -- I have visited a few places in California on many visits; spent only a few days (over 35 years ago) in New York; driven from California to Nevada; and flown from California up to Vancouver twice. With that limited experience, I have NO knowledge of which states in the US have dairying. Most of those shown in cowboy movies seem too dry etc. to have the rich pastures which dairy cattle need.

Given your story Doug, I don't want you to "out" yourself as to your location; but could you perhaps give me the names of several states within the US where dairying is carried on please.
(And, sorry to be so demanding, as I find the 2-lettered abbreviations for US states to be almost incomprehensible, would you mind writing them out in full, or something close to it please?)

Sure are a few, but not all of them.  I would not be surprised if there are not dairies in nearly every state in the union with the exception of Alaska.   Wisconsin is one of the big dairy states, however, Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, and Colorado have fair amount of dairies as well. Just about any of the states in the "midwest" will have dairy.
Reality contains no contradictions, for how can something be and not be at the same time? Visit Us on the NON-BELIEVERS Thread.

Offline JohnnyX

• Experienced
  • LOVE is indeed a force of nature.
« Reply #256 on: August 17, 2006, 10:15:34 AM »

Sure are a few, but not all of them.  I would not be surprised if there are not dairies in nearly every state in the union with the exception of Alaska.   Wisconsin is one of the big dairy states, however, Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, and Colorado have fair amount of dairies as well. Just about any of the states in the "midwest" will have dairy.

Thanks Doug, my ignorance is profound. This makes me feel very guilty (yes, my early religious upbringing -- just to keep moderator Doug from nudging me on topic. LOL.) because I often accuse Americans in general (not all of you lovely people on here) of being ignorant of the rest of the world; and here am I demonstrating such ignorance myself. Oh well, off the pedestal I fall! LOL.

BTW Doug: do you milk just one breed of dairy cattle? Or do you have a mixed herd?
How many head are milked?

In my dairying days, we milked what we then called Friesians, but which over here are now called Holsteins (I think that the text-books used to call them Holstein-Friesians). They looked lovely (I am extremely kinky for cows -- my wife used to be terribly offended when I gave her the highest possible compliment that I could, in telling her that her eyes reminded me of my lovely cows. Just can't understand these women!), and gave huge quantities of milk. Then we had a few Jerseys to increase the quality of the milk because of their higher cream/buterfat percentages.
Remember that I said the other night that I was soooo short, well the younger of my two bosses said that I "fooled around" (if you get my meaning) with these young Jersey cows, as they were the only ones which were my height. LOL. NO: he was wrong, much as I loved the cattle, bestiality never entered my head. However, when the bull was servicing the cows, a certain uncontrollable part of my anatomy became excited!  (I told them on another thread that this is an ongoing problem for me).

It must be time for me to leave, as I am becoming too risque.
Good night all / or good day for your time: JohnnyX.
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

The happiest people don't have the best of everything.  They just make the best of everything. 

Jack & Ennis DID make the best of their situations. For 20 glorious years! Don't forget those 20 years of LOVE!

Offline Doug2017

• Obsessed
« Reply #257 on: August 17, 2006, 03:31:33 PM »
Thanks Doug, my ignorance is profound. This makes me feel very guilty (yes, my early religious upbringing -- just to keep moderator Doug from nudging me on topic. LOL.) because I often accuse Americans in general (not all of you lovely people on here) of being ignorant of the rest of the world; and here am I demonstrating such ignorance myself. Oh well, off the pedestal I fall! LOL.

Does this make one ignorant?  I think that no one has a complete understanding of how it is in other parts of the world, to be so would require living every where and knowing everything.  I just do not have the resources, nor time for such.

BTW Doug: do you milk just one breed of dairy cattle? Or do you have a mixed herd?
How many head are milked?

Mainly one breed, Holstein, and a minor second breed, Jersey.  We average about 100 cows most times, at the moment it is 89 head.  We constantly have cows coming into production and leaving for their couple of months off.

In my dairying days, we milked what we then called Friesians, but which over here are now called Holsteins (I think that the text-books used to call them Holstein-Friesians). They looked lovely (I am extremely kinky for cows -- my wife used to be terribly offended when I gave her the highest possible compliment that I could, in telling her that her eyes reminded me of my lovely cows. Just can't understand these women!), and gave huge quantities of milk. Then we had a few Jerseys to increase the quality of the milk because of their higher cream/buterfat percentages.

Yep, exactly.

Remember that I said the other night that I was soooo short, well the younger of my two bosses said that I "fooled around" (if you get my meaning) with these young Jersey cows, as they were the only ones which were my height. LOL. NO: he was wrong, much as I loved the cattle, bestiality never entered my head. However, when the bull was servicing the cows, a certain uncontrollable part of my anatomy became excited!  (I told them on another thread that this is an ongoing problem for me).

Using the herring bone system we use now, you really would have a problem.  Being in a pit all the time the cows bags are just at chest level.  Even for me when I get one standing away a bit, it is hard to reach the tits with the milker.  I am of average height.  I do not have that reaction when watching cattle "do it".  Just a bore I guess...

Doug
Reality contains no contradictions, for how can something be and not be at the same time? Visit Us on the NON-BELIEVERS Thread.

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
    • My Adventures In Paradise
« Reply #258 on: August 18, 2006, 07:01:24 AM »
at the request of the management...

Pete just put up a poll at http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=12326.0 so we can find out approximately how many books we need to have printed in the first run. I don't know a single soul who gets around these threads better or more than you do. So I wondered if you would help us spread the word and get a bunch of folks to fill out the poll for us. Could you point them in that direction as you move from thread to thread (like a ministering angel)?

jack
"through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall..."

Offline JohnnyX

• Experienced
« Reply #259 on: August 19, 2006, 07:31:36 AM »

Using the herring bone system we use now, you really would have a problem.  Being in a pit all the time the cows bags are just at chest level.  Even for me when I get one standing away a bit, it is hard to reach the tits with the milker.  I am of average height.  I do not have that reaction when watching cattle "do it".  Just a bore I guess...

Doug

Good evening (here) / morning (over there) Doug -- and all others.

Doug: the herring-bone system was just coming in here around the same time as I left the farm to head for the city (to make my fortune: LOL); so I have no experience of them; apart from what I have seen in films and books etc.  One thing that the pollution in the city seems to have done to me though, is to make me grow tall; so I guess that I could NOW reach those lovely warm tits (I had a fixation about them too! LOL)

Also, I doubt that I would have that old reaction when watching the animals at it these days; but in those days as a frustrated 15-year-old, it certainly affected me. And NO, it is apparent from all of your postings that you are certainly NOT a bore!  Well, perhaps you might be if you are around mindless people who don't have the intelligence to interact with you on a decent level.

Changing subjects: VIC! are you still here?
In a couple of your messages you wrote as if you are located in the Netherlands. Have I interpreted that correctly?  If so, is that as an ex-pat American, or as a genuine local?  That came as a surprise to me when I read it, because from your posts I just thought that you were in the US like most of the others here.    I had a 2-week CYCLING holiday in Holland away back in the early 1970s. After that I argued with anyone who told me that Holland is flat. It seemed that no matter in which direction I was riding; the bloody wind was always blowing against me, in my face; and there were always hills which I was trying to pedal UP. LOL.

Lola! Are you still here too?  I am still trying to work my way through the captions thread. I am still only up to about page 50 (with about 900 to go, I think); and see lots of contributions there from you.  It is great to read so many of the filthy captions there by the women; it seems that their minds are as filthy as mind is. LOL.

In half-an-hour it will be Saturday midnight here, so I shall try to catch an early night for once.
For the rest of you it will probably be day-time Saturday; so I wish each of you an enjoyable day!
JohnnyX.
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

The happiest people don't have the best of everything.  They just make the best of everything. 

Jack & Ennis DID make the best of their situations. For 20 glorious years! Don't forget those 20 years of LOVE!

Offline Doug2017

• Obsessed
« Reply #260 on: August 19, 2006, 09:05:15 AM »

Doug: the herring-bone system was just coming in here around the same time as I left the farm to head for the city (to make my fortune: LOL); so I have no experience of them; apart from what I have seen in films and books etc.  One thing that the pollution in the city seems to have done to me though, is to make me grow tall; so I guess that I could NOW reach those lovely warm tits (I had a fixation about them too! LOL)

Eeeyyyyhhhh...  I find nothing enticing about squeezing tits... it is a dirty job that someone must do. 

Also, I doubt that I would have that old reaction when watching the animals at it these days; but in those days as a frustrated 15-year-old, it certainly affected me. And NO, it is apparent from all of your postings that you are certainly NOT a bore!  Well, perhaps you might be if you are around mindless people who don't have the intelligence to interact with you on a decent level.

Yes, an extreme bore to those type of people, I just do not talk to them, it is not worth the frustration, which means I do not talk to anyone in this local area, it being extreme bible belt.

Offline JohnnyX

• Experienced
« Reply #261 on: August 20, 2006, 01:48:27 AM »

Eeeyyyyhhhh...  I find nothing enticing about squeezing tits...

Yes, an extreme bore to those type of people, I just do not talk to them, it is not worth the frustration, which means I do not talk to anyone in this local area, it being extreme bible belt.

Mmmm....!!!  I had better not go into more detail about those lovely warm tits/teats; it might be too risque even for this board. LOL. 
 I will say however, that when I read messages on this board, where people write about their "coworkers" (without the hyphen), I think how appropriate that is for BBM -- because I read it as cow workers! ROFL. Of course they mean co-workers -- but these days most people in business seem to be doing away with punctuation marks as much as they can; whereas I love them for the extra dimensions of meaning which they bring to the written word, bringing it closer to the spoken word.

Doug: I know just what you mean about not wanting to talk to those types of people. I am becoming much the same way as you now. In the past I often worked in service industries, so I had no choice but to make mindless small-talk with different people, many of whom were narrow-minded etc.  Now that I am no longer at work, and after my depression, I find that it exacerbates my depression to be around those types of people, and I no longer want to even try to expose them to alternative views. These days, my viewpoints are probably just as fixed as theirs are, and I have no interest in even being around such people.

To give you an example of how extreme I am becoming, I recently obtained an e-mail address for a fellow who I felt quite close to many years ago. So I sent him a brief message (it must be about 25 years since we were last in touch). In his reply he mentioned "the people in (his) church". Just this mention put me off completely, so I never even replied to his message again; as I no longer wish to interact with any believers. 

That is also why when I was lurking on the board, I was originally put off by all of the believers who posted their "christian" viewpoints etc.; and so I was glad when they started their own thread; which I have no intention of ever visiting.

By contrast it was great to discover your thread here; and to receive an education on the so many things which you have written here. Just magnificent!

And it was reading Lola's non-confrontational, respectful, and thought-filled responses which gave me respect for her too.

Onto a completely different topic now Doug. You write in such an informed way about scientific matters. Is that the field that you trained in, or perhaps studied in at college?   Here in Australia, tonight I shall see the final (3rd) segment of a tv show called "The Elegant Universe", about Einstein, Newton, relativity, gravity, electro-magnetism, strong force, weak force; and string theory.  Most of it is over my head, and in fact my wife reminded me that we had both seen the same series about a year ago; yet small pieces only are retained.   My area is more that of the humanities. Much easier to understand and remember. Laziness probably comes into the equation somewhere too.

Apologies for all of the questions.  Bye for now: JohnnyX.

Scott6373

« Reply #262 on: August 21, 2006, 07:18:11 AM »
Onto a completely different topic now Doug. You write in such an informed way about scientific matters.

Imagine that...Doug, a handsome man with a brain...what more could anyone want :)

Offline Doug2017

• Obsessed
« Reply #263 on: August 21, 2006, 10:24:32 AM »

Mmmm....!!!  I had better not go into more detail about those lovely warm tits/teats; it might be too risque even for this board. LOL. 

LOL!  Whatever floats your boat, but I doubt it is too risque but for me...  lets don't ok?

I will say however, that when I read messages on this board, where people write about their "coworkers" (without the hyphen), I think how appropriate that is for BBM -- because I read it as cow workers! ROFL. Of course they mean co-workers -- but these days most people in business seem to be doing away with punctuation marks as much as they can; whereas I love them for the extra dimensions of meaning which they bring to the written word, bringing it closer to the spoken word.

I do think we are loosing something important when people no longer use punctuation, or even relevant capitals.  I hate reading unformated text all in small letters or all in caps. 

Doug: I know just what you mean about not wanting to talk to those types of people. I am becoming much the same way as you now. In the past I often worked in service industries, so I had no choice but to make mindless small-talk with different people, many of whom were narrow-minded etc.  Now that I am no longer at work, and after my depression, I find that it exacerbates my depression to be around those types of people, and I no longer want to even try to expose them to alternative views. These days, my viewpoints are probably just as fixed as theirs are, and I have no interest in even being around such people.

I sometimes feel that way, however when you cut all religious people you cut out a lot of the population.  My cut is a little more open than that, I will deal with religious people who respect my religious freedom, who do not bring up religion every few minutes or who do not expound hate of anyone who is not in their camp.  The people I milk for are exceptionally religious people, they have church in their home every Wednesday, and Sunday.  Yet, if you was not around them for a time you would never know it. They do not put their religious views upon anyone else.  Their religion is quite tight, they do not believe in TV, radio, gambling, drinking, smoking or dancing.  I only know that from asking.  They only marry within their religion, and they are in contact with their entire "cult" across the world.  They are always having people visiting from all across the world, who look just like them.  Women mostly wear denim dresses, and they never cut their hair, it is usually kept up in a bun.  Women use no makeup, nor dye their hair.  However, they are the warmest people you could ever meet.  What do they think about homosexuality? I do not know, nor do I care as long as they keep it to themselves.

To give you an example of how extreme I am becoming, I recently obtained an e-mail address for a fellow who I felt quite close to many years ago. So I sent him a brief message (it must be about 25 years since we were last in touch). In his reply he mentioned "the people in (his) church". Just this mention put me off completely, so I never even replied to his message again; as I no longer wish to interact with any believers. 

Yep, sure sounds like he is not going to keep it to himself.  Sounds like his pride is tied to his standing in church, making him more likely to be a self righteous religious nut.

That is also why when I was lurking on the board, I was originally put off by all of the believers who posted their "christian" viewpoints etc.; and so I was glad when they started their own thread; which I have no intention of ever visiting.

I have visited the "christian" thread, they are totally irrational.  You can ask them pointed questions and only get the usual dodges. 

By contrast it was great to discover your thread here; and to receive an education on the so many things which you have written here. Just magnificent!

Thanks.

And it was reading Lola's non-confrontational, respectful, and thought-filled responses which gave me respect for her too.

I, too, have found respect for her.  At least she is not judgemental, does not seem to harbor any hate, and does answer questions with her own words, instead of the usual canned responses of the radical right. 

Onto a completely different topic now Doug. You write in such an informed way about scientific matters. Is that the field that you trained in, or perhaps studied in at college?

In college I majored in physics and organic chemistry, sadly in my last year I came down witn Mono and had to quit, no more funds available for me to continue. 

Here in Australia, tonight I shall see the final (3rd) segment of a tv show called "The Elegant Universe", about Einstein, Newton, relativity, gravity, electro-magnetism, strong force, weak force; and string theory.  Most of it is over my head, and in fact my wife reminded me that we had both seen the same series about a year ago; yet small pieces only are retained.   My area is more that of the humanities. Much easier to understand and remember. Laziness probably comes into the equation somewhere too.

I doubt that laziness had anything to do with it.  I am not sure that for humanities would be easier to understand and remember, we all have our strengths and weakness, mine is in understanding physics and chemistry, however I did struggle hard with calculus III.

I saw the "Elegant Universe" a couple of times, here is my thought, it is interesting, but it is not science at this point.  A math equation that works does not make reality, it could be reality, but it can not be taken as reality until it can be tested and testing this is not going to be possible from what we know now.  That being said, only string "theory" is in this condition, all the rest are quite well documented and quite settled. I really wish that we as a people did not have such sloppy use of our language, it is a root cause of a lot of misunderstanding.  There is no string theory, there is up to five string hypotheses.  The use of "theory" for hypothesis has given the religious right much power in getting their "intelligent design" hypothesis even considered, it barely qualifies for even a hypothesis. 

Offline JohnnyX

• Experienced
« Reply #264 on: August 22, 2006, 12:30:12 AM »

Imagine that...Doug, a handsome man with a brain...what more could anyone want :)

Scott: He says that the "handsome" no longer applies since he put on some weight; but we know from his posts that he is handsome where it counts: INSIDE in his heart! And yes, with a brain too -- which he uses, as we can see on these pages.   Oh dear, I have truly become a fan!

Offline Doug2017

• Obsessed
« Reply #265 on: August 22, 2006, 08:11:46 AM »

Scott: He says that the "handsome" no longer applies since he put on some weight; but we know from his posts that he is handsome where it counts: INSIDE in his heart! And yes, with a brain too -- which he uses, as we can see on these pages.   Oh dear, I have truly become a fan!

Ahh, gee...  Thanks guys, you sure know how to compliment a person and that will get you everywhere...  ;)

Scott6373

« Reply #266 on: August 22, 2006, 08:15:03 AM »
Ahh, gee...  Thanks guys, you sure know how to compliment a person and that will get you everywhere...  ;)

Promises, promises...LOL

Offline JohnnyX

• Experienced
« Reply #267 on: August 26, 2006, 07:05:04 AM »

Promises, promises...LOL

Sorry guys, I am very slow at replying here: but is this a gang-bang that I can be part of?
I mean, I have to learn about these things somewhere, sometime soon; apart from just reading about it on the Juicy thread. LOL.

BTW Doug: thanks again for your complete replies to my last list of questions. I will try to get back on some of them soon; but I have been spending a lot of time on the Affected Me and Captions threads, as well as in PMs to a certain person.   Cheers: JohnnyX.

Nick_F

« Reply #268 on: August 26, 2006, 01:53:30 PM »
It is your friendly neighbourhood mod here - don't be scared! just wanted to congratulate you all on such an interesting thread.

Y'all are kinda off-topic but I won't tell anyone if you don't. But you all seem such an erudite. learned and articulate lot that I wondered if you had been to any of the other serious "chat" threads that about. It would be good to see new blood in some of them particularly The Diner's Back Room

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=8982.0

Cheers

Nick

Offline JohnnyX

• Experienced
« Reply #269 on: August 29, 2006, 08:13:10 AM »
Hello again Doug. Apologies for the almost 2-week delay since you  posted this.

I sometimes feel that way, however when you cut all religious people you cut out a lot of the population.  My cut is a little more open than that, I will deal with religious people who respect my religious freedom, who do not bring up religion every few minutes or who do not expound hate of anyone who is not in their camp.  The people I milk for are exceptionally religious people, they have church in their home every Wednesday, and Sunday.  Yet, if you was not around them for a time you would never know it. They do not put their religious views upon anyone else.  Their religion is quite tight, they do not believe in TV, radio, gambling, drinking, smoking or dancing.  I only know that from asking.  They only marry within their religion, and they are in contact with their entire "cult" across the world.  They are always having people visiting from all across the world, who look just like them.  Women mostly wear denim dresses, and they never cut their hair, it is usually kept up in a bun.  Women use no makeup, nor dye their hair.  However, they are the warmest people you could ever meet.  What do they think about homosexuality? I do not know, nor do I care as long as they keep it to themselves.

I expect that they are like those "Dutch" in the film "Witness".
My dearly beloved grandmother was a member of what sounds like the same sect that you describe above. She was the source of my early religious instruction, but it was the more formal religions which damaged me. When I asked my grandmother what their sect was called, she said that it was to presumptious of them to give themselves a name, they were just followers of the Lord.  At her funeral which was officiated at by a man from her church, I asked what they called the religion, but he didn't enlighten me. One day I should buy her Death Certificate, and it MIGHT have something under "Religion of Minister Officiating".

I think however that others in society provide them with names. I have heard them called "Plain People" and I think something like "Christian Israelites" and "Brethren" ; and they seem close to what over here are called the "Plymouth Brethren". 

With my grandmother's group, they were all loving and supportive to each other people, but they would have nothing to do with you if you were a member of their family and broke their taboos. For example she stopped coming to stay at our home after my mother's boyfriend moved in. "I cannot stay under the same roof where such sin is committed".  Wow, if she knew me now she would be horrified. But back then I was her little golden-haired eldest grandchild, and the strength of her love for me fortified me through many long and difficult years when I doubted the love of others.  Hell, I am really digressing here. Over and out.

Onto a completely different topic now Doug. You write in such an informed way about scientific matters. Is that the field that you trained in, or perhaps studied in at college?

In college I majored in physics and organic chemistry, sadly in my last year I came down witn Mono and had to quit, no more funds available for me to continue. 

That is really sad Doug that finances and the illness eliminated your chance of finishing your education. Still, WE benefit here from the way that you have continued to educate yourself on relevant issues.

Thanks a million.  JohnnyX.