The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: News and Current Events - 2017 - 2022  (Read 772123 times)

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
News and Current Events - 2017 - 2022
« on: January 01, 2017, 04:35:35 PM »
Year 2017.

Since there were issues voiced about the date in the previous title, and even though 500 pages were not filled up, here is the new thread.

News and current events discussions.
Same rules apply. 
Be neighborly to one another!!

« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 01:55:24 PM by CellarDweller115 »
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
Re: News and Current Events - 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 04:39:11 PM »
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 04:40:25 PM »
... Kierkegaard

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 04:46:05 PM »
... Kierkegaard

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 04:52:28 PM »
... Kierkegaard

Offline Pepe1

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 09:27:39 AM »
And the Rosie/Donald feud continues.. you know I have to say there was a time when  I was Rosie's #1 fan, I really was.  And I still like her, but she needs to let this go, it can't be good for her own mental health.

Rosie O'Donnell just called Donald Trump "mentally unstable," which is not shocking given their history, but she followed up with a remark/threat that is alarming.

Rosie tweeted, "LESS THAN 3 WEEKS TO STOP HIM AMERICA."  She doesn't explain what she means, but you'll recall the heat Trump took during the campaign when he told a gun group, "If she gets to pick her judges nothing you can do folks, although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is" ... lots of people viewed that as a veiled call to action. Rosie just did the same thing.

Your move, Prez elect.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 01:44:57 PM »

Thanks for the laughs, Linda!

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 02:00:09 PM »

As for Rosie, "she" needs to let it go?

She did an impression of him over ten years ago on The View, for less than 5 minutes, and "he who shall not be named" is
the one who has never let that go. Not to mention the names he's called her over the years and worse. How does one let
something go when the other person never does? The bully has picked on "her" for ten years, so she has a right to let it
out once in awhile. "Good for her," I say.

The link on that tweet also refers to a CNN article where his mental instability is evident.

The "stop him" line...what's good for the p-elect is good for the gander.

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 03:12:27 PM »
NOTICE FOR DOMAIN MOVE:

We  are  waiting  on  a  few  technical  confirmations  from  the hosting company,  but  hope  to  initiate  the  move  within  24 -36 hours.

If you have not bookmarked or written down the new URL, please do so before the change over.

https://www.UltimateBrokebackForum.com/forum
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 03:45:54 PM by killersmom »
... Kierkegaard

Offline brianr

• Obsessed
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 04:46:52 PM »
As someone has written elsewhere- 2017 is starting like 2016 ended. Another loss.
Peter Sarsted. Probably not as famous, his name meant nothing to me and apparently he only had one big hit but one of my favourites although it always makes me cry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8XQZYIiNgo

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 05:32:54 PM »
Hello Brian!

Never heard that  song before, but when I saw the title Where Do You Go To My Lovely, it made me  think a song that was a hit during my time was  actually a remake, as the song opens with "where do you go, my lovely"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt-KMPvgKPo

Offline brianr

• Obsessed
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 07:34:12 PM »
Hello Brian!

Never heard that  song before, but when I saw the title Where Do You Go To My Lovely, it made me  think a song that was a hit during my time was  actually a remake, as the song opens with "where do you go, my lovely"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt-KMPvgKPo
Hi Chuck

That is blocked in NZ due to copyright, so i will have to take your word for it. The Sarsted hit was 1969. It makes me think of "Bye Bye Miss American Pie" which was 1971. I guess those ballad type songs were in at the time. I loved most of them.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2017, 07:44:34 PM »
Here's a fan made video, perhaps that will make a difference.

If not, oh well!  I tried!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrjtY9rMfwA

Offline brianr

• Obsessed
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 07:53:22 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrjtY9rMfwA
Yes it worked thanks. Ok more like the disco songs of the 80's. I am afraid I stopped listening to pop music in the 90's. We had a station here which played 50's and 70's but it seems to have disappeared so I just listen to classical radio now but sadly some of the death notices bring back the old greats for me. I do have some CDs and lots of reel to reel tapes (???) of those old songs but rarely think to play them (well am never likely to drag out the old reel to reel tape player although I did bring it to NZ (threw out the record player) but it and the tapes are at the top of a cupboard).

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 10:53:24 AM »
I watched President Obama's speech last night.  It was more poignant knowing what lies ahead.
Then the news comes on afterwards talking about Russia possibly having things they can use to
blackmail the incoming resident. Like video of assignations with prostitutes in Russia. Prostitutes
he used to perform golden showers on a bed that the current President and his wife had slept in.

With some friends at dinner last week, one of the guests brought along an acquaintance who is
an airline steward and has been for a long time. He is based out of New York and travels a lot of
out of country routes. When the topics became political he spoke up at one point and said, "You
know the rest of the world thinks we're (the U.S.) is a joke now. They don't take us seriously.
No respect."

Yay for "U.S."