The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Dreams: The meaning behind them  (Read 59437 times)

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
Re: Dreams: The meaning behind them
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2007, 09:36:32 AM »
Had a strange one last night, but I don't remember much of it.

What I do remember.....odd.

I was sitting with some strange women.  They were commenting on my nails, and wanted to give me a manicure.  One grabbed my hand, and took an emmery board, and held it at the base of my nail, length wise.

Then she pushed it up my finger, to the knuckle, ripping up the skin.  I was shocked as hell in the dream, and holding my finger and shouting.

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
  • Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2007, 11:33:41 AM »
Had a strange one last night, but I don't remember much of it.

What I do remember.....odd.

I was sitting with some strange women. They were commenting on my nails, and wanted to give me a manicure. One grabbed my hand, and took an emmery board, and held it at the base of my nail, length wise.

Then she pushed it up my finger, to the knuckle, ripping up the skin. I was shocked as hell in the dream, and holding my finger and shouting.

You will have much worries and losses if you're not careful.......ouch...sorry!!.....
RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !

Offline TwistEnnis

• Obsessed
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2007, 01:22:11 PM »
Hmmmm...I had a dream I was being chased by a madman with a hugh snow blower!! Funny thing is...he was dressed in a black and gold tutu!! what gives?
Why do I think she's referencing me here?  lol  maybe it's because of the Huge snow blower.....lmao.
~T-Truth is, sometimes I miss you so much, I can hardly stand it~

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2007, 04:01:11 PM »
Hmmmm...I had a dream I was being chased by a madman with a hugh snow blower!! Funny thing is...he was dressed in a black and gold tutu!! what gives?
Why do I think she's referencing me here? lol maybe it's because of the Huge snow blower.....lmao.

bwahahahahaha...Oh Mitch...you're a riot to mess with...whew.....but yes, I was referring to ya.. ;)...what was the hint...black and gold?.....lmao

Offline TwistEnnis

• Obsessed
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2007, 04:18:00 PM »
Why do I think she's referencing me here? lol maybe it's because of the Huge snow blower.....lmao.

bwahahahahaha...Oh Mitch...you're a riot to mess with...whew.....but yes, I was referring to ya.. ;)...what was the hint...black and gold?.....lmao
tutu?  madman?
~T-Truth is, sometimes I miss you so much, I can hardly stand it~

Online gnash

• Obsessed
  • ʍous ƃuıɯoɔ ɟo lləɯs lɐʇəɯ əɥʇ
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2007, 05:37:15 AM »
this may have been my first forum member dream... but i'm not sure --- probably not now that i think of it. but it from last night:

i'm at this bowling alley, crowded with people and there is a sort of competition going on, but all the focus is on this guy (he sorta looked like baycityjohn now that i think of it) and he's rolling strike after strike, knocking all the pins down, and on his last throw he drops the ball -- it goes sideways and ends up a gutter ball, but in the gutter the NEXT lane over, and for some reason since it wasn't in his lane, they let him go again.. and when he does, we find out why the previous throw went awry: because he was trying to throw two balls at the same time.

this time it works, he throws one down the correct lane, but the other is thrown behind his back and it goes on this sort of wacky track, like dominoes or some set up trail, it rolls behind him and down some stairs, then it rolls into a box and then comes out the other end, then it rolls across a table and drops onto the floor (people scattering to get out of the way) and under and between the legs of chairs... then my focus changes to follow the other ball that was thrown down the lane -- and it knocks all the pins down! people cheer... then focus goes back to the other ball, and it's still on its journey, now rolling down the diner portion of the bowling alley, between the legs of partrons who are jumping up and out of the way,,,, and then the ball hits a wall, bounces back and rolls the other way toward the back exit, then goes down more stairs (thump thump thump) and toward a door, which somebody opens to allow the ball to go through...

then outside on a concrete stairway it rolls down and it's now out on this lawn, but suddenly i see, on the grass, a giant pink pig and a big stag (male deer with horns, like a 16pt buck) on their hind legs -- doing a sort of sumo-wrestling hold, arms (er,, upper limbs) locked together. but between them is a little boy about five and i'm worried that he will get crushed, but it seems that the stag and the pig know that he's there. he's safe, is smiling anyway, and moving with the deer and pig as they move across the grass, like he's taking part in a dance rather than a wrestling match...

there's all kinds of people from the bowling alley outside watching this, i guess they came out to see where the bowling ball went (btw it's sunny and the lawn is green), and we all start to go back inside and then melissasjack suddenly appears at the top of the stairs. she asks me to hand her her stuff she left on the lower steps. there is a pack of cigarettes and a lighter and all these keychains -- which i think in the dream that she must be making for the bay city bbm showing (or something) -- and i notice they are silver key rings with brown/tan/gold colored leather strands attached. it looks like she's braiding them.

some are completed, and some are just strands waiting to be braided. then i noticed that they're not braided in that four-square pattern (like kids do in the cub/girl scouts with that vinyl "gimp" rope), but it's macramé...

and there was a bit more but i forgot... but the main thing is the deer and the pig dancing (!) and the domino-like effect of that bowling ball on its supposedly pre-planned course (i remember thinking *during the dream* that it had to do with ones course in life..  the obstacles that can be overcome, walls that can stop it, doors that are opened... the smooth rides, the bumps in the road)...  and then melissa, suddenly appearing with her smile and voice.

"Brokeback is about a lost paradise, an Eden."  – Ang Lee

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2007, 05:57:24 AM »
Jesus Christ !!  Is this an acid flashback?....bwahahahhahah....okay...give me a few minutes here....hmmmmmmmmmm

To find yourself bowling or in a bowling alley...you will realize your fondest wishes.  Seeing the bowling balls indicates that you have many good friends who appreciate and respect you. This will allow you to have many good times  in the future...BUT...the fact that the ball was going down the stairs indicates that you will also be an object of envy and hatred.

Once you see the pig and deer....it shows that you will overcome this and have many successes in business of some sort and your GOOD friends will help you...

Seeing keys tells you that unexpected changes in your life will take place. You will have a happy domestic life in the long run....

Wow....that was a great dream man and fun to interpret....good luck and watch out for those backstabbing friends!!

Nellie

Online gnash

• Obsessed
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2007, 06:06:27 AM »
wow! thanks doc! where's your tip cup?  (i picture peanuts' "lucy" and her psychiatrist table!)

interesting about the keys,,, but the the keychains were empty, no keys~!  and oooohh, uh-oh, there were two sets of stairs!! but one was carpeted, i think. ;)

i also have recurring dreams with fish, pretty fish with patterns, like koi, but with blues and greens and other colors, that i'm viewing as they swim in a pool or pond. then they start to swim up into the air and all around me. very pleasant, actually.

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2007, 06:13:35 AM »
Holy shit.....Jimmy....I like this one...

You will have much prosperity through the efforts of others, will be very successful and will be favored by the rich and famous!!! 

WOW....what are you trying to do?.....sounds like you're heading towards the right direction....so swesome!!

Online gnash

• Obsessed
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2007, 06:18:50 AM »
... You will have much prosperity through the efforts of others, will be very successful and will be favored by the rich and famous!!! ...

"...through the efforts of others"?   like, my BF doing all the work? ;D  well, i am currently working on finding galleries for his latest sculptural ceramics,, so this interpretation bodes well! 

...or it could mean i sleep with a fishtank less than 3 feet from my head..... ;) :D

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2007, 06:21:28 AM »
Whatever it is that you're doing....it's going to be successful....the benefits from all this is spectacular......I'm excited for you ,hon.

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2007, 10:56:48 AM »
Crazy ass dreams again this morning....

Was roaming around...someone was with me,couldn't tell you who it was though....we were walking around in what looked like a cemetary...all of a sudden it got dark out and we needed to take cover. We saw this underground looking grate/hole....we slid down in it but was able to see thru the bars and lock it. Here we are peeking thru the bars and all of a sudden....there's dead people walking around like the night of the living dead...oh God!!  it was too freaky.....then I woke up

so I looked it up and it means that someone will recover from a desperate illness....it also means that I am being misled by deceitful people and must try to exert a greater control over my own life.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #117 on: February 02, 2007, 10:13:54 AM »
Had a dream that my family and I were in some house on vacation.

Tsunami hit, washing us all out onto the beach together, however, the water was not full of junk, or muddy.  It was crystal clear.

the water subsided, and everyone (many strange people around) and we all ended up on the beach. 

I ran into my friend, and 3 of her sisters, and they were telling me they had lost a family member in the waters, and I hugged them all.  That's when I woke up.

Offline cabin

• Obsessed
« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2007, 01:41:12 PM »
I found something interesting on a website that I use.  I get all household pillows and beddings thru an online merchant and found the following "Did you Know?"  Thought I'd post it here.

Did You Know?
The average person has over 1400 dreams in just one year? Given that there are 365 nights in a year, that's three to four dreams every single night! So, if we're really dreaming so much, why can't we remember?  There are several theories, but most researchers speculate that it has much to do with the drastic decrease in our level of awareness, keeping us from committing too much to memory. To maximize your dream-retention abilities, try to recall your dreams as soon as you wake up but before you get out of bed and start moving around.

Foods to Help You Snooze

Do you sleep as good as you should? If not, your diet might be the culprit. Studies show that foods have a direct affect on how well we rest, by delivering a dose of calming amino acids to lull us to sleep or an equally perky dose to wake us up.

Protein-rich foods contain two important amino acids - tryptophan, which relaxes the brain and tyrosine, which does just the opposite and livens things up. So, how do we get the benefit of one amino acid over the other? The answer is in the side dishes.  Carbohydrates encourage the production of insulin, a natural tyrosine-blocker. Eat meals that have a high carb content and just a small amount of protein, and you'll find yourself getting sleepy soon after you eat. Reduce your carbs and increase your protein intake and the tyrosine takes over, keeping you alert and awake much longer. 

So, which foods do what?

Look to foods such as seafood, beef, beans, poultry and anything in the dairy department for a big boost of tryptophan. Add extras like pasta, breads and nuts and you've got yourself a sleep-inducing meal.  Other great "sleepy" foods include:

Chamomile Tea - People have turned to hot tea as a natural relaxant for centuries and chamomile is one of the best. It's easy on the stomach and has a mild relaxing effect on the mind.

Bananas - That's right, bananas! Bananas contain all sorts of wonderful sedating extras such as melatonin, magnesium and serotonin. Eat a banana before bed and you'll be sleeping like a baby.

Oatmeal - Oatmeal is warm and soothing anyway, but the melatonin it contains certainly doesn't hurt. Try eating a small bowl about an hour before bed and then get ready to rest easy.

Warm Milk - Your grandmother was right when she gave you warm milk before bed. Milk contains a little tryptophan, our favorite natural sedative and the added calcium is always a welcomed bonus.

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2007, 05:41:09 PM »
Gerry...thanks for that...very interesting indeed I need stuff to keep me awake...lol...and Chucky...left my dream book at work...I'll get back to you later amigo