The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volume 3  (Read 197242 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
Re: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volume 3
« Reply #2520 on: May 11, 2024, 01:30:01 PM »
So now, from Thursday's 9-1-1, possible spoiler alert, is Eddie now cheating on Marisol with the woman who looks like Shannon? (That red lipstick made her look like a vampire.)

Not cool, Eddie.

And I think I don't like this plotline.

Online Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed

I started watching the FRANKLIN series on Apple+.  I loved the first episode. I'm used to a couple other actors who've played Benjamin Franklin previously. They aren't major stars like Michael Douglas, so I have to keep reminding myself it's Franklin, not Douglas. Sort of like when Nick Nolte played Thomas Jefferson in one of Merchant Ivory's lesser offerings, Jefferson in Paris.

What it's about: Franklin is a biographical drama miniseries about the United States Founding Father Benjamin Franklin, based on Stacy Schiff's book A Great Improvisation: Franklin, France, and the Birth of America. The series depicts the eight years Benjamin Franklin spent in France to convince King Louis XVI to support the burgeoning United States in the American Revolutionary War.

I don't know why period stories about the U.S.'s colonial and Revolutionary War period are few and far between, when there are dozens or hundreds about European conflicts and royalty and such. [I've mentioned before that I can't find one (!) movie that's been made about Paul Revere and/or his famous ride to warn of the British invasion.]